Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Memory card selection - how do you spread the storage?

Would you rather carry more memory cards of smaller size, or less memory cards that have larger capacity?

I prefer to have more smaller ones, just so it forces me to change my card, and hopefully avoid losing an entire session's shots.

I have 3 x 1 GB, but was toying with the idea of just getting one large card, and carry one of these (and sell the other 2), which got me to wondering how everyone else does it.

Re: Memory card selection - how do you spread the storage?

i think 1 gig is a bit big for most folks.. nah.. i rephrase that.. i think 1 gig is way too big for most folks..

i think 512 is nice size for jpegs.. errr.. but what about those tiffs.. errr.. there aint really an answer to this one is there.. except perhpaps it dont pay to keep all your eggs in one basket.. but then again if your one big card is in your camera it aint gonns get lost is it.. errrr... i give up.. he he..

i know i ran a cleaner aorund the house today and i did think carefully not to sucking any 75 quid SG cards up it.. he he

trog100

Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar

Re: Memory card selection - how do you spread the storage?

Quote Originally Posted by 10kman
    Would you rather carry more memory cards of smaller size, or less memory cards that have larger capacity?

I prefer to have more smaller ones, just so it forces me to change my card, and hopefully avoid losing an entire session's shots.

I have 3 x 1 GB, but was toying with the idea of just getting one large card, and carry one of these (and sell the other 2), which got me to wondering how everyone else does it.

I use several 512K cards. Just paranoid I guess because none in many years have ever gone bad.
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Thread Information