Camera News and Rumors

Photography news and announcements for new digital cameras, film cameras, SLR lenses, and photography software.

New Camera and Photography News Section >>

Streamload Offers 10 GB Free Storage - Press Release

Streamload Offers Industry's First Free Trial Account with 10 GB of Monthly Storage -- Offers Unlimited Storage to Paid Subscribers

Introducing Version 4.5 with New Service Enhancements, Including Faster Search and Easier Navigation

SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 17, 2005-- Streamload, the leading Internet service for transfer and storage of personal digital entertainment, announced today they are now offering 10 GB of free online storage to everyone who signs up, an increase from 1 GB per month. Streamload is the first and only company to offer free accounts with 10 GB of free storage per month, ten times more than other online services, allowing subscribers to upload their personal videos, digital video recordings, MP3s and photo collections to share with friends and family. For as low as $4.95 per month, Streamloaders enjoy unlimited storage and never have to worry about running out of space again and have anywhere, anytime access to their stored files.

"Audio and video collections can easily consume tens or hundreds of gigabytes of data storage, so now our free trial users can get a taste of what Streamload has to offer its paid subscribers -- unlimited storage," said Steve Iverson, co-founder and CEO of San Diego-based Streamload. "For enthusiasts of digital entertainment, Streamload makes it easy to centralize, organize and securely store their content without overwhelming their personal computers."

Streamload is also introducing its new version 4.5 with new service improvements, including a new website design for easier navigation, faster search and a demo center. Streamload's version 4.5 promises to make users' digital lives easier with their state-of-the-art user interface and make the most of the service through intuitive online demos.

Streamload is the ideal complementary service for owners of DVRs, digital camcorders, MP3 players, Microsoft Media Center PCs, Portable Media Centers (PMC) and digital cameras, and enthusiasts of music, anime and digital photography. It is usually the only choice for users who want to stash really large files, like their personal high-definition video and digital music collections, in an unlimited capacity library and have access to their own content anytime, anywhere there is an Internet connection. It is an extraordinarily feature-rich service, especially with its tools for recognizing and manipulating massive media files.

"Another Streamload benefit is that our subscribers bypass email file attachment limitations. This feature comes in handy when sending mega-sized video files. Users no longer have to worry about emailing a digital media file since they can now Streamload It(TM)," added Iverson.

Streamloaders can send and receive all of their files from anywhere quickly and easily, move video and music to any device, and optimize and convert digital files to many formats nearly instantly. Streamload doesn't limit file transfer speeds, provides batch uploading and downloading of Megafiles(tm), allows for remote sending, and grows with users as they expand their digital content.

Streamload is available through any Internet-connected PC and requires no additional hardware or software investment for users. More information about Streamload, new service enhancements and becoming a Streamload user can be found at www.streamload.com.

About Streamload

Streamload is an Internet service that allows digital users to easily and securely send, store, move, receive and access their digital files -- like video, music and photos. Subscriptions range from $5 to $40 per month. Streamload provides its users the freedom to move their media to and from people and devices as well as store and deliver their collections to others without regard to size or storage limitations. For the first time, people can get to their own content at the right place at the right time, and Streamload eliminates the need to buy additional devices. Streamload is freedom for today's digital lifestyle.

Streamload is a privately held company headquartered in San Diego. For more information, contact Streamload. Voice: 619-233-9914. Fax: 619-374-7469. Address: 185 West F Street, Suite 430, San Diego, CA 92101. E-mail: press@streamload.com. Web: www.streamload.com
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Liz

Please clarify my confusion!

Streamload Offers Industry's First Free Trial Account with 10 GB of Monthly Storage -- Offers Unlimited Storage to Paid Subscribers

Does "first free trial account" indicate "free?"

I clicked into the link and it states:

"Unlimited Storage! Download up to 10 GB for just $9.95 a month."

What am I missing here - or not comprehending?

Liz

Don't Know

Liz-
    I'm a little confused, too. I think it means that you get 10GB of bandwidth a month for free. Probably for a limited time. Then you have to pay the $10 a month. I'll send their PR person a link to your question and see what they have to say. As I understand their service, it's for pros who need a place to upload photos (or other files) so that they can share them with clients. So it probably isn't just storage their selling, but volume of files downloaded. Hence, the word "download."
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: Streamload Offers 10 GB Free Storage - Press Release

Hi,

> I'm a little confused, too.

Sorry about the confusion. You've got it mostly right. Our free trial account is limited to 10 GB of storage and up to 100 MB of downloads per month. All of our paid accounts include unlimited storage, and range from 1 GB to 60 GB of downloads per month ($5/mo -> $40/mo). Our most popular subscription option is $10/mo, which includes unlimited storage, and up to 10 GB of downloads per month.

http://www.streamload.com/Account/Pricing.asp

"Downloads" are used whenever you download your files, or other people download your files that you've shared on the web or sent via email links.

> it's for pros who need a place to upload photos (or other files) so that they can share them with clients.

Yes, that is one application of our service. For digital imaging professionals, it's also an easy way to receive large files from anyone - even if they don't have a Streamload account. For example, you can send me files up to 2 GB each by uploading to my account here:

http://www.streamload.com/Roots/Uplo...e&submit=Go%21

Or, just go to www.streamload.com, click 'Vistor Upload', then enter my Streamload username, "steve".

Then, if I choose to download them, part of my download quota will be used for the month. Does that clear things up? Any other questions?

John, I got your email, and I'll be in touch shortly.

-Steve
    CEO, Streamload

Thread Information