Camera News and Rumors

Photography news and announcements for new digital cameras, film cameras, SLR lenses, and photography software.

New Camera and Photography News Section >>

Photomedia Center

Please check out The Photomedia Center

Hello!

I am the Executive Director of the Photomedia Center, a not-for-profit online organization formed to promote the creation and exhibition of fine art photography and digital media. I have been reading the boards and decided to jump in, start posting and invite everyone to take a look at what we are all about.

We offer a new photographic exhibit from a featured artist each month, purchase works for our permanent collection, post individual images in our digital acquisitions section, and much more. Check us out at www.photomediacenter.org.

I also wanted to let everyone know that we are in the process of issuing a general call for entries to our summer show. The 2005 Open Juried Exhibition is the Photomedia Center annual summer show of engaging and provocative works by experienced and emerging photographers. It is open to all artists worldwide working in any photographic media, including collage, digital, traditional, alternative, and new media. There is no restriction on subject matter. Artists may enter up to 10 pieces by CD or slide, although CDs are preferred. A completed application form (available for download at our web site www.photomediacenter.org/openshow/05Open) must be included with your submission. See our web site for complete guidelines. Postmark deadline for entries is June 18, 2005. Works selected will be exhibited at the Photomedia Center, www.photomediacenter.org, during the month of August. One artist will be selected for a solo featured exhibit at the Photomedia Center later in the year. Works from the show may be purchased for our permanent collection, as were last year. The juror this year is Michael Tkach.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to email me personally. Thanks for taking the time to see what we are up to and if The Photomedia Center can be of any assistance to you, let us know!

Eric Grignol

Re: Please check out The Photomedia Center

Hi - we welcome your post, but on this site we post information like this in the News & Rumors forum. I'll check it out!

Photomedia Center

Re: Please check out The Photomedia Center

Thanks for moving things to the appropriate subheading.
    Eric

Thread Information