ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Wrote my check for Lifetouch this morning

They have three new options. Black and white, a 8x10 calender, and soft focus. I didn't opt for any of these, but I'm hoping someone I know did.

adina
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Opinionated Newbie
    So, what is Lifetouch?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Patten
    So, what is Lifetouch?

Hmmmm, I think Lifetouch is the company that sends a camera, a backdrop, and a person to come and take pictures of each student at my sons' schools.

Not sure that realates to adina.

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    They have three new options. Black and white, a 8x10 calender, and soft focus. I didn't opt for any of these, but I'm hoping someone I know did.

adina
    we didn't.
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Quote Originally Posted by kerriann85
    Hmmmm, I think Lifetouch is the company that sends a camera, a backdrop, and a person to come and take pictures of each student at my sons' schools.

Not sure that realates to adina.
    Yup, lifetouch is the official school pic people. Last year we had a very nice grimace. I'm hoping this year I get a missing tooth smile.

Kelly, you didi't order? Or you didn't opt for the new specials? I'm so curious as to how they are going to look.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

We didn't opt for the new specials.

My son has looked the opposite of how I want him to look for the past 4 years, so I've given up. Maybe this year he'll actually smile.

misanthrope
    Lifetouch? Ugh! What a rip-off. I always hated picture day. There's so many kids and the photographer was never personable. Always a jerk, but rightly so-- he had to deal with hundreds of kids all day long (can you tell I don't like kids?). The pics were always decent, but never great. It's amazing how much people blow on these kinds of pics when they could do it themselvs for very little (using a digital to get everything right). And get endless reprints for way less, too. Those guys are often the only choice, however, so peole shell out the cash... up here in the real NorCal, Lifetouch was the only option. It was pretty much the same for Junction City & Eugene in Oregon. And Sacramento as well. (I did move a few times as a kid). I'm sure everyone here will be happy with their kids' pics, but jeez, maybe they could drop the prices a bit$$$$$.
    "We've all been raised by television to believe that one day we'll all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars -- but we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

-Fight Club, Chuck Palahniuk

Ourdoorsman, there are a few people who could do it themselves, but I'm thinking the vast majority ccould not. Have you ever looked at a junior high school yearbook? They get parents who THINK they are photographers, going around taking blown out candid snapshots of the kids, and then they cut them into little pieces and make a collage out of them. They're pretty awful. The kids formal pictures are at least all uniform, and you can tell who the kids are.

I think it's rather an affordable way to get yearly shots to pass along to the relatives. If it were up to ME to do on my own, I'd have no formal shots of my son past age 4.

Thread Information