Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Enterprise Photo.com a.k.a. J&K Camera

I recently purchased a Canon A710 IS from this on line camera store. It came without a warranty card. It is a "gray market" camera. Knew nothing about this whole scheme a week ago but I'm learning fast! Not probably the wisest move on my part. It did not come with a manual either. I called Canon to ask where it was. It may have never been included in the box but the whole thing is smelling pretty fishy to me right now. The good news is Canon is supposed to be sending me a manual, all the cords and CD's did come with the cameral and it seems to work fine. Fortunately, this is not my first digital and I can muddle through on my own. Live and learn...

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Enterprise Photo.com a.k.a. J&K Camera

J&K is an ebay store with good reviews but I wouldn't buy from them for the very reason you give....no manufacturer warranty and not an authorized dealer.
    I don't know how they get all the positive reviews unless they just have a lot of people who buy because they just want the price and name but not the qulity.

any one bought from enterprise?
    their price is so good for d200 with 18-70

I've had experience with this shop. Only advice I can give is stay away. In my dealings with them they were blatantly dishonest in terms of stock availability, when "in stock" products would ship and the ability to cancel an order.

Enterprise Photo is yet another incarnation of a string of camera shops owned by the same individual who has a history of bad business practice.

For a good read, here's what the New York Better Business has to say http://www.bbbnewyork.org/reports/bu...bersOnly=False. While Enterprise is not mentioned, it is the latest name Zaki Saideh is using.

Enterprise Camera, aka J and K Camera, is the worst example of internet camera sales I have found. You will not get the advertised price, you will overpay for and get inferior aftermarket items including substandard battery, etc. Stay away.

I haven't even recieved my camera yet, and I've had a terrible experience with these phonies. 'calling to confirm address' is just a tactic they use to aggressively push any overpriced camera related products on you. Absolutly worthless company! On top of that they said it would take 2 - 3 weeks to ship my order, bullcrap!! Never have I had to wait that long for anything! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: Why do these companies get so many good reviews unless they have people in the company making garbage reviews???

I would like to document something on the same line.

I ordered my D 200 with 18-200mm Nikkor lens and 2gb compact flash and additional extended life Nikon battery. The salesman promised it is not gray market and is original. I also purchased the extended warranty which was claimed to be one of the best which is honored internationally! Due to the condition of the merchandise and also lesser quality, I called for RMA when they wanted to charge me for the restocking fees. I was finally able to get it waived only to find out that I did not receive the refund.

I called customer service(?) after two weeks when I was informed that they did not receive all the items back, only the camera and lens were received!! I had personally arranged the items with packing materials and my assistant sealed and shipped it by ups!

I samtill waiting and hoping for my refund!

MA, Chicago

Re: Enterprise Photo and Repair Tech Inc:

I ordered over $7000 worth of HD gear, mainly a Sony HDTV and a Panasonic AG-HVX200 HD camera. They posted a charge to my credit card on 5/31/07 and the merchandise arrived on 6/15/07. The invoice was dated 6/5/07. I was not in a hurry for anything, so 10-15 days was okay for me.

The Sony TV was not grey market but the Panasonic was, so I was able to register the Sony for the manufacturers warranty but not the Panasonic. I had also purchased a two-year extended warranty for both products. The warranties state that the product must have at least a 90-day factory warranty in order for the extended warranties to be good (also, the extended warranties must be registered within 30 days of the invoice date and take effect starting with that date...doesn't matter when the items are actually received). So I called Repair Tech Inc (warranty co.). They said the would still honor the two-year warranty and sent me a written confirmation of this exception to their written contract.

Also, the extended warranty contract stated it was for merchandise under $2500 in value. I paid $4100 for the camera so I asked them about this as well. Again, in writing, I received a notice that the $2500 limit did not apply to this camera. However, I noticed that the extended warranty does not cover factory defects (present when camera is received), so I called Enterprise Photo. They said everything they sell is covered by a 1 yr warranty (it's on the website and I printed it), so I have nothing to worry about. The camera and HDTV are both working great so far, but still, it would be nice to have the safety of a factory warranty on the camera, too.

I received manuals and everything else that was supposed to come with the units, but I ordered an extra battery for the camera and the seam was cracked so I called and got a return authorization. They offered to replace it but I had already purchased a replacement and didn't trust this affer-market brand, so they agreed to refund what I paid, but I am still awaiting a credit to post to my account as of today 7/5/07 (they acknowledged receiving the defective battery the week before last).

The invoice I received was not itemized, just a total. I called to get an itemized invoice which they emailed me a few days later (but at first they tried to argue that the order was a package deal which is not itemized). The shipping was supposed to be $100 for the camera and $90 for the HDTV (per their website). The itemized invoice stated $330 for shipping so I called them. They acknowledged that they was an error and that I would be creditted for this, but I am still not seeing a credit posted to my account.

I called billing today and they acknowledged the credits and that they should be posted to my credit card account "soon".

I have never had any trouble reaching them by phone, but sometimes you have to wait just as for any other company.

I have been trying to research Repair Tech, the warranty company. Everything seems on the up-and-up and they advertise that they have been in business for over 25 years. I registered one product via their website without a hitch; the other product I couldn't register it without calling them on the phone. I could only find one negative comment about them on the web.

If Enterprise Photo handles the refund properly, then my only complaint would be that they sometimes sell products not intended for the US market. Per Panasonic, my camera was intended for sale in Japan only and had to have entered the US without going through customs and duty-tax. It would be too much trouble to return a camera that is working fine this late in the game. Whether Enterprise Photo knew some product was grey market is unknown, but their response when I told them I was unable to register the product was that they covered everything for a year anyway (i.e. I didn't get "Really? That shouldn't be! We'll contact our supplier and in the meantime send you a legal US camera, right away!". It seems it wasn't an issue at all).

So you really need to insist on products that can be registered for factory warranties, insist on itemized invoices, verify they the shipping charges are going to be what is advertised on the web site (and match the invoice), and don't buy aftermarket batteries from them and if you purchase extended warranties, double-check and read everything you receive regarding those warranties. For me the extended warranty is an experiment and I will be reporting back any trouble encountered, if any.

Pack Guardian,
    Biker Dogs Motorcycle Club
    Oakland, California

Warning - Stay Away From This Company - You Will Never Get Your Order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

I don't know how they get all the positive reviews
    It is possible to create free email accounts and write your own glowing reviews.
    How you tell the difference between that and real customer feedback, I don't know.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

I found this company through a link on Consumer Reports. I think it was a Yahoo link. They said the camera I wanted was IN STOCK, so I ordered it. My confirmation email was pitiful -- didn't mention the camera name, the shipping I chose, or even the total charge to my credit card! Two days later I got an email saying they needed me to call for "verification purposes" and when I called they told me that the camera was not in stock and would be several weeks before it was available. Avoid this company!

Dishonest seller. They lure you in with fantastic price, thats where the problems begin! I purchased a Sony camcorder sr42. Like other members correctly point out, they then tell you they need to verify your info by phone before filling the order. When you call, they give you a hard sell on accessories, which are marked up to what I would consider to be "full retail" prices. I politely refused their add ons, even though they offered to lower the price initially quoted. Told me the camcorder would be shipped shortly. Fast forward a couple weeks, still no camcorder. Despite repeated contacts, the product was never shipped. I had to go buy at a retailer as my daughter was born and I had no camcorder despite ordering about 1 month before her birth. Avoid this deceptive fraudulent seller!!!:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

I tried to order a D80 with a micro lens. I paid for 2 day shipping, a few days later I recieve an email with the following

"We need you to contact us by phone to confirm your order before we ship it out"

So I call them and they start trying to sell me other stuff, so I agree to buy a warranty and a micro lens which I thought they didn't have but the sales guy specifically said they did, so I said ok and he said I will recieve shipment on Monday night.

On Monday I didn't see my tracking info in my email as they promised so I call and they said "There is a problem with the lens it will not be in until Wednesday" They said they will ship out on Wednesday and by Friday I will have my stuff.

On Wednesday I failed to recieve my tracking info my email so I called them and now they said that they are sold out on the D80 and it will be another two weeks before they get the next order. I freaked out and I said "Thats a lie!" to which they replied that wait let me check and the lady said, oh my mistake you did already order a D80 and it looks like it is going out today (Wednesday).

On Thursday (today) I call to get my tracking info, and lo and behold they say that they have a problem with the lens and it will be another week! They also claim that they will not charge until the item ships out. This is another lie as I was charged for nothing. At this point I cancelled my order, and demanded all charges to be credited to my credit card immediately. They said ok, but noone can give me a confirmation of the cancelation! I make a few more calls and the same lady keeps picking it up and guaranteeing me that my order is cancelled and that the refund department will be crediting my card.

If you want to be taken advantage of, have your intellegence insulted, lied to, and have bad customer service then enterprisephoto is the way to go.

I hope they credit me the money back asap.

Thank you guys. I was about to buy an expensive lens from these guys and this thread saved me from a lot of hassle :thumbsup:

I would also tell anyone who reads this to stay away from J&K Cameras. I UNKNOWINGLY purchased a Gray Market Camera. Had I know it was not manufactured for sale in the US, I would not have bought it.

I have filed complaints with several different State and Federal agencies based on the following: 1) Camera is not manufactured for sale in the the US thus it violates FCC regulations; 2) eBay listing was very shady upon painstaking examination; 3) The manual and CD are copies and as such are considered pirated software under US Federal Law; 4) To this date I have not received the "Shock Proof Case" that was listed in the auction.

My State Consumer Protection Agency has washed their hands of this because J&K has failed their repeated attempts at communications. State won't go to N.Y. just for a few hundred dollars and they won't contact the local authories because of the same reason. I just received an email before I posted this from the BBB of New York and they too have stated that J&K has failed to respond to their communications. As such the BBB for New York has rated given them an unsatisfactory rating, their lowest rating.

eBay has refused to do anything. Pay Pal refused to do anything. I finally had to get my credit card company involved and once they did Pay Pal issued a VOLUNTARY chargeback. I did receive a notice from the FCC when I initially filed a complaint about Gray Market cameras being sold at online auctions and that they are actively taking information regarding such transaction. If there was someway of shutting down J&K Cameras I would jump on that in a heart beat. But like my State CPA told me, they do this so often that getting dinged by a couple people will not affect the bottom numbers.

Enterprise Photo is the Worst dealer to deal with.
    I placed an order for Canon Powershot 850 IS digital camera.
    When I placed order, got email that order will be processed order in 2 days but they took 5 days to process the order & not before my repeated calls.
    Worst customer service. arrogant staff.
    While cancelling the order i was told that there will not be any deductions if I don't accept the delivery from delivery man. But they deducted $35.
    Will not recommend this dealer to anyone.
    Called customer service for two weeks on daily basis... but was kept on hold most of the time.
    Two times I got change to talk one customer service person called VINNY & told him the issue. First time he told me that he will talk to his manager & see if refunds can be done & promised to call me. He never called.
    Second time I had to tell him the whole episode again, this time as well he said he will talk to his manager & call me back, but as usual, I haven't received his call. I even told him that I am ready to place new order if you adjust my $35 deduction against new order but he didn't agree.
    They don't respond even if you leave your voice-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by imhere
    When I placed order, got email that order will be processed order in 2 days but they took 5 days to process the order & not before my repeated calls.
    While cancelling the order i was told that there will not be any deductions if I don't accept the delivery from delivery man. But they deducted $35.
    Called customer service for two weeks on daily basis... but was kept on hold most of the time.
    Two times I got change to talk one customer service person called VINNY & told him the issue. First time he told me that he will talk to his manager & see if refunds can be done & promised to call me. He never called.
    Second time I had to tell him the whole episode again, this time as well he said he will talk to his manager & call me back, but as usual, I haven't received his call. I even told him that I am ready to place new order if you adjust my $35 deduction against new order but he didn't agree.
    I hope you are just kidding about getting a $35.00 credit on your next order from them. If you can't get a credit cut your losses and try one of the sites on the recommended list. I would like to make it perfectly clear to everyone that we are in no way connected to the recommended sites on the list. This is just derived from positive feedback from members and reviews, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I think they count on you giving up.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Quote Originally Posted by imhere
    If you paid using a credit card, call your credit card company or bank and complain that you have been ripped off by these people and you want to file a complaint to get your money back. The bank/CC company will help you get the money. My bank would refund it to me before it got any further and then go collect. They have bigger guns than you or I do.

If you paid some other way, kiss it off and never pay by any means other than credit card. There are federal laws on using credit cards and fraudulent charges.
    Michael

This is an update to my post of 7/6/07. I since learned that the extended warranty that I thought would protect me because I was unable to get a factory warranty because the camera turned out to be gray market was not what I baragined for. First all the extended warranty should have been a warranty that began when the factory warranty ended. So I still got cheated out of 1 year's worth of warranty on a $4000+ HD video camera! Secondly, I have learned that people have not been able to obtain service using the extended warranty sold by Enterprise Photo (see other posts on the internet). Enterprise photo refuses to take the camera back nor replace it with a camera that can be registered with Panasonic. Pansonic sent me a formal letter stating the this vendor defrauded me. And they definitely cheated me by charging $150 extra for shipping and refused to issue a refund. At first I did not see the overcharge because they never send you an itemized invoice. I had to insist on one later and that's when I discovered the overcharge. I bought the camera for a New Zealand project but cancelled the trip because of the legitimate fear that US Customs may confiscate the camera upon re-entry. I have not used the camera since discovering it could not be registered with the manufacturer and am still fighting for justice. Enterprise Photo has about 20 other business names. Go to the NY Business Bureau website to see these names and don't do business with any of them!

I'm a new member to this forum. What prompted me to join was a very bad experience with a company called BestPriceCameras.com, which was listed as a “Trusted Seller” on DidUPrice.com. You may ask, "What does that have to do with Enterprise Photo.com a.k.a. J&K Camera". Please read on! On 5/1/08 I ordered a Nikon D80 package from this company. It was in fact their Nikon D80 Package #15, which was supposed to include the Nikon D80,Digital Camera Body w/ USA WARRANTY, 2.Nikon Zoom Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S DX VR Autofocus Lens, 3.4GB Memory Card, LCD Screen Protectors, Lens Cleaning Kit, Hard Case, Card Reader, Full Size Tripod, Lens Pouch, Cap Keeper, and Wrist Strap. The advertised price for this package is $959 with free shipping. The next day I received a call from BestPriceCameras.com basically confirming my order and trying to sell me batteries. I declined the batteries, saying I had already purchased aftermarket batteries. The caller then told me aftermarket batteries would only last 20 minutes. I told him I would take my chances. He then told me my order would ship in 4 to 6 weeks. I asked why so long, and he said it was coming from overseas. I asked if it was a US warranty, because that's what their add said, and he confirmed that it was. This set off a red flag, so a little later that day I called their sales line and asked about the package (not stating that I had already placed an order), I asked if the product was in stock. The answer was yes. I asked if this was the $959 Nikon Package #15. The answer was yes. I asked how soon the order would ship if I placed an order. The answer was 5-6 days. I asked if the shipping was free. The answer was yes. At this point I knew I was being scammed. This was Friday 5/2/08. I waited until Monday, 5/5/2008, and call the sales line again. This time I was recording the call. I asked the salesman all the same questions as I stated above, and the answers were essentially the same. The only difference was that it would ship immediately. I then asked him to connect me with their customer service department. I asked them what was going on. They said it was the wholesale body that I had ordered. I explained that their salesman had identified the $959 Nikon Package #15 as advertised on their website, the same package I had ordered but he was unaware of at that time, was in fact in stock, would ship immediately, and was free shipping. The person I was talking to stated this was the imported model and that was that. I told him that this was essentially a bait and switch tactic, and that I would report this, and send a copy of the recorded phone call to the Attorney General's office for the state of New York, as well as Amazon.com, Buy.com, UTube, Craigs List, and anybody else I could thing of. After the call ended. He called back on my other phone line and indicated that my order was being cancelled. I asked why, and he said, because I was doing all this stuff. I don't know why, but before he hung up he volunteered that his name was Vinnie Rizzo. I seriously doubt that was his real name, but I only include that information, because he may be trying to defer some of the heat on to someone else. Now here comes the good part. When he called back on the other line, the caller ID showed the incoming number as 718-306-1554, J&K Camera. Out of curiosity I tried to call the number back and got the message that it was disconnected or no longer in service. I then called my credit card company to see if charges for the package; luckily there were none, yet. I then Googled J&K Camera and found your forum, and felt compelled to write this dissertation. It looks like we can add Best Price Cameras to the AKA list for Enterprise Photo. DidUPrice.com not only has BestPriceCameras.com listed a “Trusted Seller”, Enterprise Photo as well. In fact Enterprise Photo is listed as a “Featured Store”. In my opinion what I encountered was definitely unethical and very possibly unlawful. But, I also believe we are dealing with pros and to nail them legally would probably be an up hill battle. So I ask your help in getting the word out so we can hit them where it hurts; in their pocketbook!

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Grey market is a step above Black market.

For cameras it is usually equipment destined for another country, where the list price is cheaper. It shouldn't be a surprise that manufacturers supply the same equipment at the price the market in each country will bear.

So a grey market camera is likely to have a foreign language manual and a guarantee that is only valid on the other side of the world.
    You may find it's configured by default for foreign language menus, and if you're unlucky it might not work with PAL TV.
    But most grey market dealers will unpack everything, set it up for their target market, and then repack it without manuals, software, guarantee - anything which is unique to where it was meant to be sold.

By not including them it's harder for you to know where it came from. Though the manufacturer will know from the serial numbers. Probably they'll know which outlet resold it to the US.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

It is my understanding that the manufacturer will not work on a grey market items under warranty or even if you offer to pay for the repairs, You are just stuck, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thread Information