ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Pentax Forum Moderator

Wisconsin Planning Session

Since our other 2 posts are getting moved up and down the list a bit, I thought I'd post our schedule and ask everyone, who is interested, to meet with us. Would one of the moderators "sticky" this for us until tomorrow afternoon, so that if it snows heavy we can all check in here to see if this cancels. I just heard that we're supposed to get some light snow tomorrow, but who knows...we could get dumped on and need to cancel. Here's the schedule:

Meeting/Lunch: 2:00 p.m.
    Place: Old Chicago on the west side
    Address: 7202 Mineral Point Rd.
    Madison, WI

Please keep checking this thread for any updates!!!!
    Come one....Come all....

Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: Wisconsin Planning Session

I can taste the NACHOS already!!!
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Pentax Forum Moderator

Well, I see no cancellations, so I'll be leaving here about noon. I hope to see as many as possible at the Wisconsin PR Planning Lunch today!!! Everyone drive safe.
    Ken
    Ken

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

leaving Milwaukee in a minute or two. Soon as I pack up....

Pentax Forum Moderator

Adina's on her way...I'm out the door in about 5 mins...anyone else coming???? See ya there, I hope!!!
    Ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

I'm on my way.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Sorry, not making it this time. Still not feeling well.

I hope everyone has a good time though!
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Pentax Forum Moderator

Wisconsin Planning Session 1 Completed

Hello all, the first Wisconsin Planning Session is in the books!!!! A great time was had by all. We got a great chance to get to know each other. We also managed to get a little planning in between mouthfuls of nachos...mmmmmm. hehe...

Currently, we are considering sometime in the first 2 weeks of May, depending on when the Farmers Market begins, which Adina will check into and post later.
    We figure we'll meet at the Capitol and do State Street. Hopefully there will be a lot "characters" out and about for some great photo ops. After some time there, we can walk over to the campus and do some shooting around there.

If this sounds good to everyone, let us know. We still have enough time to make changes if necessary, but will try to finalize dates, times and places as soon as possible so people from out of town or out of state can make plans.

The planning committee is pictured below, including a soon to be novice photographer....my wife, Kim, who is going to take up portraiture photography after some excellent advise and support from Adina and Michael.

Fun was had by all of us!!!
    Ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

Farmers Market Dates

Ah yes, a good time was had by all. It was great to finaly get to meet you Ken, and Kim, and it was great to see you again Adina!

I did a quick search for the farmers market and found the dates for this year. The outdoor market runs from April 22-Nov 4th, on the Capital Square from 6:00am-2:00pm. The only exception to this time and place is on the weekend of July 8/9. As Chunk stated in another thread, this is when the Art Fair on the Square will be held. For this weekend the Farmers Market will be held near the Monnona Terrace at Wilson St. and MLK, Jr. Blvd.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

Aldo Leopold

Pentax Forum Moderator

Re: Farmers Market Dates

Yes Michael...it was great meeting you and Adina!!! OK...so now we need to set a date...May 6/7 or May 13/14...I guess we can put up a poll in a day or 2 and see what works best for everyone...
    Ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

Contrary to appearances, I am not completely sloshed.

Sorry I missed meeting you guys! My POS car decided to kick the bucket and I was forced to go looking for another. With any luck, I'll make the May get together.
    Mike

Pentax Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    Contrary to appearances, I am not completely sloshed.
    I was beginning to wonder what was in that "lemonade"!!! hahaha...sorry for that one, but I am notorious for catching eyes in the wierdest ways!!! and since we only had the 2 shots...I didn't have much of a choice!!! hahahahahaha...But you look nice and sober in the later picture that the waiter took!!! haha...
    BTW...we created a "MONSTER"!!! Kim has been non stop on camera sites. Even to the point where she followed a link to bad site off of a google search and got a trojan that I spent a couple of hours cleaning up!!! hehe...thank goodness for McAfee on that one!!! hehe...
    I want to thank you for all the encouragement you gave Kim!!! We look forward to our next get together.
    Ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

Pentax Forum Moderator

Hi all, Just a quick update on my schedule for early May. I just got word that my daughter is getting married on the 14th out in Phoenix, so I won't be able to make it that weekend. If you all decide to do the gathering that weekend, I will have to miss it, but will strive to make the next one. Regardless of which weekend is chosen, my thoughts will be on all of you. (need the sunglasses for sitting around the pool in phoenix) hehe..
    Ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

If someone had a weekend in mind for this, they might want to post it so people could make plans.

Pentax Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    If someone had a weekend in mind for this, they might want to post it so people could make plans.
    Ok everyone...I would choose the first weekend in May, but like I say above, I'm gonna be gone the 2nd weekend...but don't go by me...we need everyone to speak up. Chunk, Michael, any others??? Let's make this a success. With all the rain we're having and if the weather stays good through April, then Madison ought to be especially beautiful in May.
    Ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

As of right now, all of May is open for me.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

Aldo Leopold

New guys welcome?

BTW do you guys go out afterwards to take pics or is this just having lunch together?

Welcome to the site RP.

Where about in WI are you at?

I think we plan to do some shooting after lunch. There isn't anything set in stone for these types of get togethers. We try to come up with some ideas of things to do, but everyone is free to do whatever they want. There is a new thread here to get a better idea of who can make it and when.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

Aldo Leopold

Pentax Forum Moderator

Hi Rob...we've already had the planning lunch...now we're trying to finalize the shoot day...We originally planned one of the first 2 weekends in May, but even at that, we had some people who can't make it. We are hopefully going to shoot some of the Capitol and State St., then migrate over to the college and also try to shoot the Farmers Market. We've also left a little leeway for others to make suggestions.
    Since the date was not set in stone and we want as many people to come as possible, I started the poll that Michael mentioned. As of right now...we're looking at the 2nd weekend, with 1 vote for later in the month.
    I'm curious as to how close we are. As you can see, I'm from Platteville. Michael is in Mineral Point. And of course we have many PR members in the surrounding areas.
    All are welcome at the get together and we hope it will be a good learning experience as well as a great shooting experience.
    Welcome to PR and I look forward to seeing your photos and to meeting up with you someday!!
    Ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

mjs, I'm down by Janesville (and I HATE this town too. ).

May 6th I have a wedding to attend and may 7th I'm working at Blackhawk Farms on the safety crew for the CCS motorcycle races. Generally most pics I take are at the track during track days. Mainly just for fun and to play around with the D70. Friend got a Rebel XT and is learning stuff yet. Still got to get a wide angle lens for mine.

Thread Information