ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: Lunch through Afternoon.

From the lunch room, what a view, eh?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-lrp1000169.jpg  
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Re: Evening through Midnight.

last few, including a feline pillow theft attempt
    she's suffering form an ear infection and the icky fur by the ears is from the drops.
    we can get most of the medicine in the ear to start with
    but as the vet promised, when Loseley shakes her head, it comes out again

Yes, she is comfy with her paws crossed
    Yes, it is my wife's pillow (alledgedly)
    But feline rules say possession is 9/10 and since she has more than half that pillow...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-lrp1000181.jpg   Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-lrp1000183.jpg   Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-lrp1000189.jpg  
    PAul

Re: Sunrise through Lunch.

Getting there ... 2 hours

Camera on culmann sucker mount, upside down on passenger side of windscreen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-lrpict0538.jpg   Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-lrpict0540.jpg   Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-lrpict0580.jpg   Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-lrpict0635.jpg   Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-lrpict0638.jpg  

PAul

OK I got a few more in during lunch. First my chauffeur and route to the restaurant, then my lunch companion. She had enough of it by than and grabbed the camera off the table and retaliated. Both of us on the phone at dinner pretty bad isn't it. But we were talking to Pepper Girl in Nashville getting an update on Jack so I hope it wasn't to much of a violation.

Gee I don't know why these are posting in such random order. But you get the idea.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-dscf0030-2-640.jpg   Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-dscf0032-2-640.jpg   Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-dscf0039-2-640.jpg   Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-dscf0041-2-640.jpg  
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Getting home ... 62 minutes
    Camera on culmann sucker mount with extra ball-head to position it roughly on my shoulder.
    Yes, it is a LHD car on the wrong side of the road
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-lrpict0640.jpg   Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-lrpict0680.jpg   Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-lrpict0698.jpg   Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-lrpict0702.jpg  
    PAul

I didn't find much. We had some patch sunlight that turned into bland overcast.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-01.jpg   Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-02.jpg   Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-03.jpg  
    ----------------------------

Re: Winter 24 Hours! Pictures here!

1. Taking pictures of office conference phone.

2. Photo-John's back

3. Local Firestone, it's where I take my car fixed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-pic-2.jpg   Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-pic-3.jpg   Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-pic-4.jpg  

Pho!

That's a good looking lunch, Mr Yuck. I love pho! And the drink looks good, too. Vietnamese food is wonderful. And pho is especially nice if you're sick.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by Chunk
    I didn't find much. We had some patch sunlight that turned into bland overcast.
    That third one is really nice, Chunk. Love the patterns and the subtle light and shadow differences on the snow.
    Photo-John

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Great photos everyone. I'm going to have to wait till tomorrow to get mine posted. Keep them coming everyone!
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

I had a bad day for this. Weather was dark, cold, and rainy. I only got a couple of decent shots. Both of these were taken on the way to work this morning with my G7.

Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-img_0466-copy.jpg   Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-img_0475-copy.jpg  

As in my earlier post I didnt have my card reader, but I had my dslr stuff with me because I was planning a shoot after work! This was taken just before 6:00 pm pacific time.
    Location Jaunita Beach on Lake Washington.
    30 second exposure @ F-8 iso 100.
    Still some more to come!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-img_2660_1.jpg  

We've had some ice and snow recently and this is what part of the chain link fence looks like around my backyard.

And a shot from the deck:

Taken this morning before I went to work demolishing things in the house.
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Here's my current demolition project, I mean remodeling project! This house has several walls covered in these fake (manufactured) rocks. They drive my wife and I nuts so I decided to try removing them from the untility room where if I did major damage, it was out of sight.

Here's the start:

And what it looked like when I stopped for the day:
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Warning not for the faint of heart! I apologize in advance for the poor quality. They were shot from the waist into a mirror that was quite dusty from my demolition efforts.

For those of you who wonder how to take great photos...it's how you hold your tongue!

And a semi-decent shot. You can see that I've let my hair grow since retiring from the National Guard.
    Troy

www.troybates.com

Office all afternoon and there isn't anything exciting about that. Right after work I did get out for a few minutes and came up with a few.

Last week my county lost our first young man in Iraq. Flags at the courthouse and other public buildings are at half staff. Yes I guess it is still Christmas in my town. The last couple are the rush hour mess in down town.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-dscf0044-2-640.jpg   Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-dscf0046-2-640.jpg   Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-dscf0055-2-640.jpg   Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-dscf0054-2-640.jpg  

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

I did try to get a few others that might be more than snap shots. Oh yeah everything today is done with the Fuji P&S.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-dscf0042-2-640.jpg   Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-dscf0049-2-640.jpg   Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-dscf0050-2-640.jpg  

Nikon Samurai #13

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

The final round...

By 5:30pm, everyone else has cleared out of the office, leaving only me to watch the fort as the late night Helpdesk analyst, the single point of contact for all IT related issues across three campuses.

Done by 8, took a look at the room that could one day become the ITSC.

Work by night, Sheridan College - Trafalgar Campus, the SCAET (SKATE) building.

It snowed, on my car! One of the last ones out each night.

...drive home was tricky, no camera shots for this one...

Kick back, relax and enjoy some stargate sg-1

Just before I go to sleep, the last thing I see.
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

OK I kind of slaked off once I got home tonight. But in my defense the Cats were on TV tonight. At any rate here are the last two from the Fuji for this 24 hours.

How many of you have refrigerator doors that look a little like this one. And the last one is my sweetheart after a long day as well as homework this evening, finally with a few minutes for herself well after 11:00 pm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-dscf0059-2-640.jpg   Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-dscf0061-2-640.jpg  

Nikon Samurai #13

Not-so-recent Nikon Convert livin4lax09's Avatar

wish i had the energy to do this today. that and a p&s. Three SLRs don't do much as far as portability goes...

The Self Portraits

Seems this became an obligatory part of the assignment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-p1000728.jpg   Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-p1000718.jpg  
    Photo-John

cr_mmurillo

development happening
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-p1000719.jpg  
    Photo-John

Northwest

Looking northwest from the office, late in the afternoon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-p1000724.jpg  
    Photo-John

Home

Photo Dad and his wife.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-p1000730.jpg  
    Photo-John

Lights Out

Night night. Sleep tight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Winter 24 Hours!  Pictures here!-p1000738.jpg  
    Photo-John

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information