ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Show us your P&S Camera/s

I was inspired by Loupey's P&S thread to take a few shots of my P&S cameras. Here are my two, film and Digital respectivly...

I want to see yours too. So lets all post pics of our Compacts!
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: Show us your P&S Camera/s

Here is my collection of P&S cameras. Starting at the top is a Poloroid something or other. Never used it, and don't know if it even works. Then there is a total of 6 Solaris disposables and the small blue one at the bottom in the middle is a Kodak Jaz 207. I bought all of those at an acution this winter or something like $7. There was another Solaris but I gave that one to my aunt. I take the one time use cameras to family gathering so anyone can take pics if they want to. On the far left is a Canon WP-1 (water proof) 35mm that I got free for sending in Marlboro miles. This was my main shooter while in college. Behind that is a Kodak Cameo that belongs to my girlfriend. To the right of the Jazz is another one time use camera I was given by a rep from Charter Communications at the ESPN Great Outdoor Games last year. The blue one in the back right corner is a 35mm that I picked up at the dollar store. How can you not buy a camera for $1? Right in front of that is the Kodak CX 3700. The only digital P&S we have. There is one missing from this P&S family portrait. I think it's in the GF's car. I believe it's a Pentax. The only one we have with a zoom lens.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show us your P&S Camera/s-crw_9996.jpg  
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by almo

I want to see yours too. So lets all post pics of our Compacts!
    Hey, Almo! Here's my compact (just kidding - I'll show you mine a little later)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

OK, here they are. The digital Minolta on the right is the one which took the photos in the other thread regarding P&S. It usually smells like fish though. I take it religiously on my fishing trips. Pure P&S - great to give others to photograph me with my fish!

The Contax TVS II on the left is the best 35mm P&S Contax ever made (after the T2). It is the only 35mm camera I have left. Great traveling to far away cities. Manual zoom, manual focus override, manual aperture ring. It's a jewel! But not waterproof (another thread)!
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

Pentax Forum Moderator

Here's mine...Kodak DX 4330 3.1mp and Nikon Coolpix 8400 8.0mp.
    Ken

Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Here's mine: Panasonic DMC-FZ20: Mega Image Stabilized f/2.8 Leica lens, 5 megapixel, 12X optical zoom 36-432mm (constant aperture) 35mm equivalent, 4Xdigital zoom (1728mm - 35mm equivalent), aperture and shutter priority, full manual, 7 programmed settings. Second curtain sync, 1/250th flash sync, built-in & hot-shoe flash, and a host of other "pro" features most point & shoots and some SLRs don't have.
    This 5 megapixel camera has been superceeded by the 8 megapixel Panasonic DMC-FZ30.

This is the only digital point and shoot that compares featurewise with my Professional Canon EOS "Robocameras".
    Weight: 26 oz. with battery, SD memory and OEM hood/adapter (shown)

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...uctSKU=DSCP200

I dig it. Of course, a year ago when I bought it it was $100 more... Low light autofocus stinks, flash range is real short, but under good conditions it takes a good photo.

drg

The best less than $100 cameras I've used in. .

Two variants on the best less than $100 cameras I may have every used. There are better point and shoots, the Rollei AF-M comes to mind as well as the Leica and Contax's, but for the money and that they seem to be all but indestructable, this is my film choice. And these are really point and shoots. You can change the flash settings, and they have a real spotmeter mode, and they actually monitor color temp in Auto Flash to fill in for the flourescent problem, other than that, it is all auto and fixed focal length. Then there's the lens!

The black one has produced some poster sized photos done on large plotters. These cameras with slide film are great. Waterproof and get about 1000 photos per battery.

Alas, I don't shoot very much film these days.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show us your P&S Camera/s-realpns03.jpg  
    CDPrice 'drg'
    Biography and Contributor's Page

Please do not edit and repost any of my photographs.

Canon A510 "P" or "Auto" mode for point and shoot ;)
    <><
    Flickr
    --Rebel T2i
    --Sigma 10-20mm
    --Canon EF-S 55-250mm
    --Tamron 17-50mm F2.8

Thread Information