ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

What photos do you choose to print?

The other day I was looking thru some photos I took on Thanksgiving day, 2005. There were some that I liked, and others that were pretty crappy. I even liked some of the crappy ones. In particular, the photos of my then girlfriend, now wife, playing with our dog on our traditional Thanksgiving day walk.

I found these pics on my old desktop computer that I almost never use anymore and they could have easily been lost forever. It made me wonder why I didn't print those pics. They were nothing great, but they do hold special meaning to me. They are not wall hangers, but they are the kinds of pics that you would love to see in a photo album 20 years from now.

I'm sure we all have a bunch of photos like this, taking up some disc space somewhere. I think I'm going to start going thru old photos, and have some prints made.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: What photos do you choose to print?

I've been thinking the same way. Here I have all these family pics sitting on my comp and I should print them and share them with my sons.
    I have sent them most of the pics but one son has no computer and another isn't into actually using the one he has..lol
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Re: What photos do you choose to print?

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1973
    I even liked some of the crappy ones.
    Nothing wrong with that - some shots mave personal meaning and it doesn't matter that they're not pertect compositions or a little underexposed, etc. I have shots like that too but haven't printed them.

Funny that you mention old images, I just got an email from West Coast Imaging and they're having a big scan sale tomorrow. I had thought about a few slides that I've always meant to get scanned but I think I'm going to hold out for a sale on their exhibition prints for these. However it's a really good deal if you're looking for drum scans.

Thread Information