ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    There can be only one!

Re: What is more important the camera or the operator?

I am amazed by all the replies. I appreciate all the responses, they have definitely helped clarify the question for me.

Make yourself a dang quesadilla! OBie's Avatar

I'm just glad to see that someone else is feeling the same as me.

I was sure that when I invested in my digital camera, that I would be able to reproduce the most amazing photos that lived in my memory. Wrong. First I was sure that it was the kit lens - spent a lot of money on more lenses and still have problems. Shoot - guess it must be me because I see amazing pics from others with the same 'entry level' camera.
    OBie. Not Obi-Wan, just OBie.

There can be only one!

Quote Originally Posted by OBie
    I'm just glad to see that someone else is feeling the same as me.

I was sure that when I invested in my digital camera, that I would be able to reproduce the most amazing photos that lived in my memory. Wrong. First I was sure that it was the kit lens - spent a lot of money on more lenses and still have problems. Shoot - guess it must be me because I see amazing pics from others with the same 'entry level' camera.
    Ditto. My mistake was taking two pretty good pictures during a class, I haven't been able to take anything like that since. I get close. I think a lot of time I over think getting all the right settings on the camera and not enough about find the shot that speaks to me. I practiced this past week when I was on a business trip, being someplace with a slower pace really helped.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information