ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

What I want from my camera

When I originally got interested in photography, it was to make sure I had a gazillion pictures of my kids. When everyone in the group pulls out their wallet to pass around, I, like any other mother, wanted mine to be the cutest in the group. Now I realized being blessed with extremely good looking children wasn't enough, so I began my quest for knowledge.

As I have grown older, and more secure in the knowledge that my children are obviously cuter than the average joe's, I have changed my goal just a bit. Not only do I want good pictures of my girls, but I want them to be able to look back and see how special they were to us. Not just that they were cute and did stuff so we took pictures, but that we loved them.

SO, my goal for the next few months. I am going to make them both an album/scrapbooky-thing. I want to try for a more "relationship" type photo, not just a cheesy smile thing. I've found some 7x7 albums, and am going to print 5x5's. I am very excited, as I like having something to work towards, instead of just shooting randomly.

adina

round 1
    Last edited by adina; 04-04-2006 at 10:02 AM.

Talking Adina...

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    When I originally got interested in photography, it was to make sure I had a gazillion pictures of my kids. When everyone in the group pulls out their wallet to pass around, I, like any other mother, wanted mine to be the cutest in the group. Now I realized being blessed with extremely good looking children wasn't enough, so I began my quest for knowledge.

As I have grown older, and more secure in the knowledge that my children are obviously cuter than the average joe's, I have changed my goal just a bit. Not only do I want good pictures of my girls, but I want them to be able to look back and see how special they were to us. Not just that they were cute and did stuff so we took pictures, but that we loved them.

SO, my goal for the next few months. I am going to make them both an album/scrapbooky-thing. I want to try for a more "relationship" type photo, not just a cheesy smile thing. I've found some 7x7 albums, and am going to print 5x5's. I am very excited, as I like having something to work towards, instead of just shooting randomly.

adina

round 1
    Damn girl! You are definitely on the right track. That is an awesome photo!

Great composition; it is dynamic, it is soft and intimate, and it shows the loving relationship you have with your daughter.

Three thumbs up, five stars, and major kudos! I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

So cute

Adina,

What a great idea. Projects always seem to help me stay focused and working toward a specific goal.

Post pics to keep us updated.

Dennis
    "Foolish consistency is the hobgobblin of little minds." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wink Excellent!

You are definitely going to have a beautiful memoir for your girls. And with scrap booking being a major craze right now, you will certainly have no problems finding acid free supplies!

This is a wonderful shot. This is the kind of shot I strive for and can’t get my little wiggle worm to sit still long enough. Best of luck, and share your pix! (I might steal the idea…!)

adina

round 1
    Every artist was first an amateur. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Like, zoinks! - Shaggy

Good project

Nice idea! I can see it not really ever being "done" though. You will be able to keep adding to the album indefinitely, I'm sure.

Spike

Wow...

I read your post, then forgot what it said, as I was mesmerized by the beauty of the two of you. The photo is very well-done, its soft, smooth tones a perfect compliment to you.

adina

round 1

You are both

breathtaking in this pic...

your intro was touching and the picture that followed woa nelly....you are very striking...woman! you need to be in front of the camera more often!

I love scrapbooking it's such a special thing to pass on..it has longevity from generation to generation...

any more ????

thanks for sharing your heart and your vision with us ;)
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Thank you

Thanks everyone for your comments. Charles, I am always flattered when you comment on my posts, as I just love your work.

So far this is the only one I have, I started yesterday. I painted our closet last week, and while everything was out, we went thru a box of older photos. I was in probably about 2 of them. I am hoping to finish these by the end of summer (I'm being realistic), I would love to finish it tomorrow, I am excited to see the end result.

I'll post as I go, thanks again everyone for your comments.

adina

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Beautiful concept,

Beautiful people.

When you said the word "relationship" in your post it really hit me hard, like "of course! More photography should be like that!" You go girl.

You are both very beautiful together, your loving relationship shows. You're relaxed and peaceful Good stuff.

Rick
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Excellent photograph! You have such a confident look. Having a goal like this will help you get the shots that you want - a direction. I can't imagine that too many parents would go to the same effort, to say nothing of your excellent results as usual. Bravo!

Well done...

You are starting to go beyond the image and are looking for the feeling the image brings. That's a very significant step in any artist's development.

Wonderful idea, wonderful image.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

thank you!

We have off school today, so I am hoping to work on it a little more. Just have to get everyone to change out of their jammies.....

adina

Thread Information