ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

What have you found for good deals this season?

Just curios to see what others have found for photography gear on sale for the holiday season. I haven't seen any of the black friday ads yet.

B&H has a 500GB Western Digital My Passport Elite Portable USB hard drive on sale for $89.99. Not sure how long this will be on sale.

I purchased a 250GB My Passport a couple months ago for not much less than this. Works great for backing up photos while on the road.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Liz

Re: What have you found for good deals this season?

It's interesting that you mention that. Last "black" Friday I got some really good deals at Target, but this year I don't see much to get too excited about. Actually a place that seems to have some good deals is Office Depot.

Check out their "ad" here. Of course, it depends on what you're looking for.

I was a bit annoyed with Amazon. This morning they had a great deal on a netbook (my friend is looking for one). I clicked into the link about 5 minutes after I received their email - and they were out of stock. Other items listed didn't give the price, but under the item it said "check back." So what does that mean?

I couldn't find any great deals compared to last year - yet. I've only done black Friday twice - to pick up really great deals for a fund raiser we have in May (Catholic Charities).

ETA: I was amazed today - stopped in at Costco. They had better deals than any I've seen advertised - and they don't have black Friday sales. It was a "coupon" deal making their lower prices better. There was a 32" Vizio LCD HD TV for about $329. I have a Vizio - and it's an excellent brand IMO.

Liz

Re: What have you found for good deals this season?

The NY Times is reporting that merchants aren’t stopping with Black Friday. Many are going to keep door buster sales going on all through the Holidays and some will have better deals on big ticket items as we get closer to Christmas.

Thread Information