ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Well look who decided to show up...(again)

Surprise surprise.

It's me. Looks like a lot of new faces and alot of new members since I last posted, which was Dec. 24th, 2005. School has been piling up and my dang firewalled internet here has been tough to access PR.com without it lagging horribly. However, I seem to have found a cure and it runs better now.

Hopefully I'll be posting regularly again, though I can't make any promises. I have a crazy next few months planned including a field placement in Calgary, Alberta (who are also hiring supposedly "30" people, so I have a phone interview tomorrow), a trip to Vancouver for some hockey games, and convocation coming up in May.

I can't post as often as I'd like...however, my posts/day is still above 5! I wish I had that type of time back again, I miss PR.

Well, I'll see how much I can post tonight and hopefully be back on here regularly.

Nice to be back guys,

Jared

Re: Well look who decided to show up...(again)

Hi Jared,

Good to see you back. You are busy with school, right? What are you studying?

Anyway, school work is a good type of busy. You may feel left out because you do not have time to do the things you used to do. But, savior it. Later on in life you will look back on this as a time when you allowed yourself to indulge in improving yourself in a way that many don't. You'll want to go back to school if the rat-race allows it. It's good to be a student throughout life.

Best regards,
    Tim
    Samurai #17 |;^\

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool
    Hi Jared,

Good to see you back. You are busy with school, right? What are you studying?

Anyway, school work is a good type of busy. You may feel left out because you do not have time to do the things you used to do. But, savior it. Later on in life you will look back on this as a time when you allowed yourself to indulge in improving yourself in a way that many don't. You'll want to go back to school if the rat-race allows it. It's good to be a student throughout life.

Best regards,
    Tim
    Tim,

I'm studying a one year program in Emergnecy Communications and Response...pretty much a fancy name for the person on the other end of 911. It's been quite a unique busy, just with school and the "college" life, but it's going well.

Thanks for the comments and it's great to be back,

Jared

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

Hey Jared! Glad you poked your head in. Good luck with the interview and field placement.
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Quote Originally Posted by Axle
    Hey Jared! Glad you poked your head in. Good luck with the interview and field placement.
    Axle,

Just got off the phone with the interview. 45 minutes long and quite intense (atleast for me). But, if I "score" high on this interview, I just have to be security cleared and I'm in.

Scary times for an 18 year old,

Jared

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jar_e
    Axle,

Just got off the phone with the interview. 45 minutes long and quite intense (atleast for me). But, if I "score" high on this interview, I just have to be security cleared and I'm in.

Scary times for an 18 year old,

Jared
    I know the feeling, I've been doing interviews for full time work as I'm recent grad (Dec). Keep on treking!
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Glad to have you back buddyboy. I am about 550 up on you, lets see if you can catch me again!
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Pentax Forum Moderator

Glad to have you back Jared...Emer. Comm. is a rewarding field. I've had some friends do similar jobs as Police and Highway Patrol dispatchers. They loved it. I'm sure you will, also. Look forward to you getting back involved here. And good luck on the interviews.
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Welcome back! Hope all goes well.

Thanks for all the comments guys, glad to know I can return and not be out of step with the community still.

Almo, give me time...I'll catch up!

Ken, It's quite the unique field. My father is a firefighter, so his work had a huge effect on my decision. Regardless of the dispatching/call taking thing doesn't work out I'll be looking for a job somewhere in the emergency field.

Steve, Thanks for the comments!

Thread Information