ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome!!

Re: Welcome!!

Hello All

I am new to the forum, I used to take photos with film, but now everything is digital, I feel like a dinosaur. I have not taken any pics in a awhile I have an old Nikon FE2 gathering dust. I recently ordered but have not recieved a Pentax 100d super and a zoom lens. I have decided to go digital and use photo shop. I am a total newbie to photo shop and digital pics so I hope I can pick your brains from time to time. Thanks for having me.

Bonekrusher

Hallo all

Hi all

my name is Robert, I just joined couple minutes ago
    I live in Netherlands in small city Wageningen a country side to be sure with bunch farm panoramic view :thumbsup:.

Regards,

Robert

Hello... this is my first post and hopefully I have done it correctly! I have enjoyed navigating through this site and reading all the wonderful posts. It looks like I should be able to get a lot of help with my pictures. Some two years ago I graduated from a Minolta Maxxum 7000, to what I currently use, a Nikon D70. I have found the process to be very rewarding for I can now shoot hundreds of pictures without having to worry about the expense of film processing. I mostly concentrate on sports photography... soccer to be specific, and an accassional picture or a hundred of my grandson and daughters. The biggest challenge I am facing at the moment is that most soccer games are played in the early evening (twilight at best) hours and my ability to navigate through the camera setting options has not been refined as of yet. I use a 70-300mm 4-5.6 lens but with low light, it's not very productive. I have recently purchased a 2x lens extender for daylight shots and it appears to have slowed my camera down. Most research tells me that the lens I need is going to cost me $6-7K... that's out of question.... Well, I'm hoping that with the help of the forums on this site, I can improve my picture qualities. Thanks for having me.!

Hello All!
    I'm from Northern California (or at least that's where I hang my hat now!) and I've just made the jump to film photography. I like the connection between hands and media. First thing I saw was Alison's B&W night shots. Now that's what I'm talking about!
    There is so much talent here, I can't wait to jump in!

Happy to jump in and introduce myself.
    I am married mom with boys 10 and 16. I live in the most beautiful part of the US Oregon of course. Photography interest came after I started scrapbooking. Just want the best photos I can take with what I have. (Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5 and Olympus Stylus 770 SW) Will upgrade once I figure out what I truly need. I take pics of family and friends and sincerely appreciate any and all feedback. I am here to learn and get better.

Thanks for sharing your photos with us. It is inspiring.
    Michelle
    Mom, Wife, Safety Consultant and true photography beginner.

Hello to you all , hope you don't mind a UK'er slipping in the side door.

I like the amount of searchable info here and some of the posted/gallery pictures are just superb.

Regarding photographic equipment i am totally unbiased, as long as it's Minolta of course!:wink5: though I guess I'm gonna' have to bite the bullet and say Sony through gritted teeth sooner or later....................let's assume later ehh . Using 'the other name' just doesn't feel right after 40+ years with Minolta...............lol........

Anyway, I work long hours and post very little so I hope you have no objection to me hanging around in the background.

Denis.
    DenisG
    www.denisg.co.uk/gallery
    "First get a picture, if it's still there, compose one!"

Welcome aboard. I don't believe anyone around here minds lurkers. I just checked out your gallery and you have some photos that rock. Excellent gallery.
    Mike
    www.specialtyphotoandprinting.com
    Canon 30D X 2, Canon 100-400L, Thrift Fifty, Canon 18-55 IS 3rd generation lens plus 430 EX II flash and Better Beamer. :thumbsup:

Many thanks Mike, most appreciated.

I like the hat :wink5: , I was forced on threat of a severe beating with a sigmonster to photograph, (afaik), the only one in the UK.................see Jaybee's post on OE!

I nearly posted some others too but thought better of it...........LOL......

Denis.
    Last edited by denisg; 09-23-2007 at 04:10 PM.
    DenisG
    www.denisg.co.uk/gallery
    "First get a picture, if it's still there, compose one!"

Hi all my names justin im 21 years old i live in AUSTRALIA my main intrests are cars photography motor bikes so obviously my main photography is of cars i hope to post regular updates of my images an contribute to this forum to help it grow and to meet new freinds btw i own a cannon s3 is with filter and hope to get a fish eye lense

There can be only one!

Hi my name is Joy and I am from the DC Metro area. I joined the forum a month or so ago but just figured out where I was supposed to introduce myself. I just got into photography a year ago after taking some pictures of kayakers at Great Falls. The pics were decent and I realized I enjoyed figuring out what my camera could do. I took a class at REI this summer, and have been obsessed ever since.

My current camera is a Canon Powershot A520, and I am probably going to purchase either a Canon PowerShot SX 100 IS or a PowerShot S3 IS in the next few days. This site has been a great resource and I have enjoyed practicing much of what I have learned. I am really glad to have joined the forum.

Hi everyone! I am Amanda, and I am fairly new to Photography. I never gave it much thought other than the rare special occasion as a kid, but then my then-fiance(now husband) bought an Olympus C740 and I got hooked! Something about being able to take countless pictures and never have to worry about running out of film. Then in '04 I had a kid, which was great inspiration. Had another one in January and that's what finally started me down the road to taking photography more seriously. I haven't had a chance to take any classes, or formal training, so I am seeing what I can learn from other photographers such as yourselves, and from books. I bought myself a Canon Powershot S3IS, which I love because of the swivel viewfinder.

I also lovelovelove Photoshop and photo editing. I have a lot of fun with it. I am also interested in what makes a photograph art, so I am heading off to explore that thread next.

I can't wait to learn from you guys and enjoy all your pictures!

Greetings,

My name is Bill. I live in extreme South Texas. As many beginning film users have done, I began with a Ptx K-1000. From there I moved up to the LX & owned several bodies, taking many excellent shots on those, even selling a few. When they got too expensive to repair, I made the switch to Canon EOS, owning a Rebel-Xs & an Elan 7e. I've now had my 30D for a couple months & thoroughly enjoy it. I hope to begin posting a few pics soon. I will mainly be hanging out in the Nature & Wildlife forum, and spending some time in the Canon one as well. I really like the forum and think it is an excellent way to gain new knowledge, and maybe share some of what I know.

Hey, I'm new here and look forward to learning from all ya'll. I used shot film but it's all digital for now on. Photography is photography either way.

Hi everyone my name is Dan aka Favre421 Go Packers LOL. I just found this site looks like what I've been wanting in a photography website. I've been in the hobbie on and off since about 1973 where my 1st camera was a Minolta XG1, great camera for 1st timers. I currently have a Minolta Maxxum 5xi with the standard lens and last winter I purchased a Canon powershot A710 which is a great p/s camera as Im learning. I also just yesturday puchased from Ebay a Minolta Maxxum 5 Date, which if the reviews are tru it's a good camera it comes with a 300mm zoom.

I like the Monolta cus thats what I started with and that's the 2 I alread have worked with take good photo's and are ez to operate.

I'm just getting back into the film side of things which I'm excited about becouse I think film you can experiment more with unless you buy a high end digital but since I'm married 2 kids and a mortage dont think that's gonna happen anytime soon LOL.

I really enjoy outdoor photography sunset/sunrises, lakes and steams and fall color's. Nature is a photographers palette. I am looking forward to also doing alot of black and white, there is an old barn just up the road from me and that's going to be my 1st b/w subject. I think black and white is old school and that's white I love about it.

Anyway I just wanted to say HI to everyone and am looking forward to chatting with everyone soon.

Thanks Dan.
    [SIZE="4"]

It's not how much the camera is that makes the photo wonderful, It's the person behind it.

Hi,

My name is Jodie. I've been taking pictures since I was about 9 years old when I got a little kodak instamatic (I literally have boxes and boxes of photos!) Despite the fact that I love taking pictures (and there have been several photographers in the family) I never got past the point and shoot ability with a camera till about eight months ago when I finally purchased a Kodak Z612. I absolutely love my digital camer!

So I look forward to learning and sharing ideas on this forum.

Hi Everybody, My name is Bruce, and I had actually joined this forum a couple years ago, but got busy with life and lost contact until a Moderator or somebody sent an email wishing me a happy birthday.
    My Dad freelanced once upon a time long before I ever came along, and I freelanced much more recently shooting weddings & special events. My Dad is now gone, and I'm retired, but here is his old Watson 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 next to one of mine. The receipt for $63.86 for the camera from January 12, 1949 when he bought it new from Knights Camera in Los Angeles is next to it along with some of the accessories.
    -Bruce

Hi my name is Steve I live in Georgia and love to go out and photograph my surroundings. I'm sure this site will be one of my favorite places to visit and post.

Hello all,

Pleased to make your virtual aquaintances.

My name's Lee and, long story short, I'm just getting back into photography after a six-year hiatus. My, how things have changed! Feelin' like Rip Van Winkle over here.

I recently took the megapixel plunge and purchased my first DSLR, which has brought with it copious doses of both exhilaration and frustration (emphasis on the latter). Talk about a steep learning curve; my rig should have come gift-boxed with climbing gear and an oxygen tank.

So I come in peace, just hoping to learn all I can and get some (constructive) feedback on the visual crimes I've been committing lately. Speaking of which, what is the best way to post photos here? Do most people post jpegs, gifs, or...? And similarly, are people posting RGB, indexed color...? How do you get maximum size and quality within the 244k requirement for this site?

I have tried posting a couple of photos today, but by the time I get 'em down to 244k in CS3, they're so small that it's difficult to really see all that's happening in the image. And converting to indexed color really seems to degrade the quality... Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
    Lee

Hi, I'm a newbie so be gentle with me...lol I'm not a serious photographer more of an oppurtune snapper really, but I really enjoy it.
    My offerings can be found at - http://www.thaidave.blogspot.com
    I look froward to making a contribution to this forum...:thumbsup:

Hello all,

My name is Dan, living in Perth, Australia. I've bought a K100D Super with a polarising filter. I'm hoping to get into landscape photography and post my pictures up. I'm more than happy for constructive criticism as well.

Cheers,
    Dan

HELLO from the very flat plains of Oklahoma!

My name is Jason...first started making photographs at the young age of 8 (36 now for the record). My father, an ex-pro and now avid amateur 'infected' me with the photography bug and its been with me ever since. While I did put down my cameras for several years through collegee. Now with a lil disposable income I am back at it. I shoot pretty much everything...digital to 4x5 film...though I admit I am a film junkie maintaining my own home darkroom.

Recently my new wife and I have been working on A TON of photography projects and have had some success selling a few prints here and there...not near ready to quit the day jobs but the print sales go a long way to funding new toys and trips. =)

Look forward to interacting with you all!

Hello to all from Northern Virginia. My name is Brian Folsom but most call me Tiny. I started shooting in 1991 with a loaner Pentax K-1000 in high school photography class. I haven't done much since then outside of having a point and shoot digital for the last 7 or so years. My wife wanted to get involved on a more serious level so I purchased her a Nikon D40X with a couple of lenses and I have been infected with the bug once again. I love the new camera and am now shopping for another Nikon body for myself. I have plans to get into sports photography mostly of my kids but hopefully of others and be able fund some of my equipment expenditures with my camera.

I look forward to sharing some photo's soon and will definitely enjoy viewing everyone else's work.

Tiny

Hello to everyone. I'm an amature. I am eager to learn all that you have to offer. Looking forward to reading what you all think of my photos(positive or negative) which will help me better myself in the field of Photography. I'm still learning how to navigate on this site(very slow...LOL) so help on this is greatly appreciated. Please, honest opinions on your critiques for this will make me a better Photographer. I like to mostly shot macros-close ups, children, animals and some landscape. If it intrests me, I'll capture it the best I can.
    Thank you for reading and looking forward to some critiques.
    EyeLen

Hi! Name is Fred. New to the forum. I hope it's a friendly place and not like a few others I've looked at. Started taking photos at age 11 with a Brownie Hawkeye, spent three years as photographer in the Army, been a firefighter for 29 years and will retire in about 18 months. I am a dedicated Nikon user shooting with a D2X, D-200, F-100, and an F4. I also use 4x5 and med format so I have not gone 100% digital. I enjoy most aspects of photography but my favorites are candid people and wildlife. I'm colorblind so 90% of what I shoot is B&W. When I do color my wife, bless her heart, has to be there to help out or I come up with some really weird colors.

Looking forward to posting and meeting some new people.

Having just discovered this site, I am brand new to the forums. Having become frustrated with point-and-shoot digitals, I sold all of my 35mm Nikon stuff this year and bought a D80. So far, I only have the 18-200 lens for it, but love the combination. Other than taking snapshot-type photos, I have done no serious picture taking for the last 15+ years. I am really looking forward to getting back into photography.
    I look forward to learning quite a bit, as I see that the amount of experience and talent on this forum is amazing!
    Take care,
    John
    Stockton, CA

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information