ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: Want to be a Moderator?

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Do you love PhotographyREVIEW.com and PCPhotoREVIEW.com? Are you on the forums, reviews, and galleries all the time?
    Hmm, that describes me all right - I'm on every night.
    But I haven't reached the 1000 yet, and I'm in the wrong time zone (from where you're sitting).
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Re: Don't Forget!

Liz, you are our Bestest Angel!!

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    Thanks Brian! You made my day!

Yes, being a moderator is a fun job with good pay.

It is a fun job - and the "pay" is great because everyone gets along really well, and you never feel "alone" around here. I've made some good friends, met other moderators - but not enough of them, yet!

What I like best about being a moderator is the fact that the moderators work together to try to encourage, support and affirm all members. Everything is discussed in a professional way - but we also have some great fun discussions too - always looking toward the good of the members and PR in general.

Oh btw! We have a great boss too!

Liz
    Lara

Time zones don't make any difference Paul, and neither does post count. I work from the East Coast. Peter is in Australia. It's not an issue. So if you are interested, drop John a pm or email!
    Lara

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: Oh Yeah

Well that answers another question ;)
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Re: Oh Yeah

Yes I'm in Australia and enjoy moderating my forum when there are posts there, and always try and contribute in the other forums as well.

Paul, I don't think in this age of Internet communication that where you are in the world actually matters at all really with moderating. To me, having people in different timezones is a benefit, as it means someone is probably usually on line 24/7/365.25 of the year and can alert the right people if there is a need to. Main thing is keeping the spam out of the forums as much as possible.

I moderate the Web Design forum and also moderate in the computer forums as well to assist Lara, but it isn't that complicated in those forums as I have more than just an interest in them professionally that is.

Photography for me is an on going learning process as well, so are computers and web design as well. Much like life is an on going learning process but life has an ending, unfortuantely too abbruptly at times, like death, but isn't life a wonderful thing usually.

Not being at the 1,000 posting mark isn't something to be overally concerned about. As I said in the past about that, it isn't the quanitity of the posts but the quality of the post and information given that is the most important. Those that have overally high posts often make me wonder about them and the content of them. I often see posts that are in reply to something that is so old that the point of the new post isn't relevant or is just reiterating what has already been said in the thread. I'm even thinking about closing some of the threads in the forums I support as a moderator to circumvent this happening but will discuss with other moderators and PJ first of course.

And that is the crux of moderating, knowing when and what to address as the time comes and seeking advice when you need to, much like asking a question and giving an answer.

By the way did you see the post about the marching girl images you posted thinking that nothing could be done with them. I think you might be surprised that there can be.

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    Brian, which Steve are you callin' a number 2? ;)

LOL Steve!
    It's just what I typed at the time!
    Brian
    ;)
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Pentax Forum Moderator

Well, I'm fairly new to this forum, and to photography, but if you could use a newbie who has a little experience helping people, I sure could offer support and find answers if need be. I think it would be fun. And, I am on quite abit. So John, et al...let me know if you can use (or abuse) me...hehe...I'd be willing to give it a try.
    Ken

Good Discussion

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this discussion. A few people are interested, and I'm putting a link to this discussion in the next newsletter, too.

As the moderators have said, there's really not much to the job. It's mostly just monitoring what's happening. Some forums need more active involvement. mtbbrian and almo choose Featured Photos every week. And the Digital Camera forums really need someone to make an effort to answer posts and rally other people to answer posts. But nothing requires hours of labor a week. And if a moderator is going to be busy or away, they just tell me and I cover for them. It's no big deal. I'm grateful for any help.

I think we'll have a couple of new moderator announcements, soon. But anayone who's interested should PM me. I can use as much help as the community can offer. If you want to help, I'll try to find something for you to do

Thanks for your support!
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

I'll be a moderator

Hey John,

As I go on 4 years on the board, and seen many changes and people it would be great to give back to the community that got me started in photography. This was where I learned about Velvia, my Nikon N80, and gain enough confidence to show my work.

So if you need somebody else I would do it.

Loren
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

* Any photographer worth his salt has 10,000 bad negatives under his belt. - Ansel Adams

Re: Good Discussion

Hi John,
    I'm interested in becoming a monitor. I enjoy all things Photography related and have the gift of speed and attention to detail. Along with the extra time on my hands.
    Please consider me interested.
    Thanks,
    Erin Chaney

Re: Good Discussion

[QUOTE=Photo-John]Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this discussion. A few people are interested, and I'm putting a link to this discussion in the next newsletter, too.

John I tried to pm you and got this message:
    Photo-John has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

Here is the message I tried to send:

Hi John
    I've been a member for a while now and saw your note in the news letter. I'm a retired fireman on a disability pension in Chicago. I'm also a professional portrait photographer located there. I teach a basic photography class at the local college too. I am at home a lot lately and have had cut back on working full time for a while. I would like to offer my services as moderator if the need still exists. My area of knowledge lies more in studio photography but I can fit it were I'm needed. Let me know if my help is needed now or later.

Thanks
    Jim Cummens

John,

I think I just might be interested. How would this work? Would we be assigned a specific forum, or would we choose one we are interested in? Are you looking for multiple moderators for each forum?
    David Michael / Dream Weaver Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information