ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Venice Nov. 2000

As some of you know in November of 2000 my son was an architecture student studying in Venice, Italy. Joy presented me with an airline ticket to Venice and said enjoy your self with David for a week. I had a great time with Dave and his roomies. Here are a few of the scanned images from some 4x6 Kodak Gold prints. Some are from the Nikon F2 others from a little Minolta P&S.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Venice Nov. 2000-epson044-3-640.jpg   Venice Nov. 2000-epson038-3-640.jpg   Venice Nov. 2000-epson039-2-640.jpg   Venice Nov. 2000-epson037-2-640.jpg  
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Re: Venice Nov. 2000

Here are Dave and I in Venice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Venice Nov. 2000-epson046-640.jpg   Venice Nov. 2000-epson045-3-640.jpg  

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Great photos OT. It is hard to take bad photo's when you are in such a beautiful place. I know you have a lot more great photo's besides these as well. I wish we had just had a little more sun while you were there, it would have made for much more brilliant photo's.

I think it is worth mentioning that I just about walked you to death the first day you arrived in Venice trying to show you all the cool spots. You just kept on trucking though. Thanks for sharing these great photos.

Thanks for sharing, very nice! I suppose there aren't many places in the world better than Venice for studying architecture, and you got a great trip out of it too.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Brings back memories from my trip to Venice. Myself and some friends spent a month traveling around Europe after college. It's hard to believe it's been over 8 years ago already. I wish I would have been more into photography when I was there. Guess I'll just have to go back and do it all over again, someday... Thanks for sharing Larry!
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1973
    Brings back memories from my trip to Venice. I wish I would have been more into photography when I was there. Guess I'll just have to go back and do it all over again, someday... Thanks for sharing Larry!
    Glad to share just wish I was able to put up a little higher quality image. I'm working on learning to scan and not all of my experiments are a total success.

Nikon Samurai #13

Wow OT, these are great!! Venice looks such a beautifully architectural place to be! I've never been but would love to one day

Thanks Wendy. Venice is a very unique place I'm very glad I had the opportunity to experience it. I wish I was living in the digital age when I went. I took lots of film images but only color neg and am having a little trouble now converting those image for view.

Nikon Samurai #13

Thread Information