ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Malibu excursion

My wife and I took off to Malibu Saturday afternoon for dinner and a drive along the coast to snap a few photos with the Canon Drebel.

#1 Point Dume coastline shot taken from the road that leads 4 miles up to Charmlee Wilderness Park. If you look closely, you can see the faint outline of Santa Catalina Island in the distance.

#2 Grasslands area in Charmlee Park, with a hazy view of the Pacific ocean and wild sage blooming in the foreground.

#3 Wildflowers blooming like crazy in Charmlee Park. Top left is Chinese House; top right is Indian Paintbrush; bottom left is Wild Sage (there are actually three different types of Sage there, but only this type was blooming); and bottom right I'm not sure of the species.

#4 Sunset shot of Pt. Mugu. We spent so much time at Charmlee Park we had to race just to catch this view. But I had to frame it this way with very little ocean showing because too many campers were in my field of view.

I hope you enjoy the photos!

Ray
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Malibu excursion-malibu-coast.jpg   Malibu excursion-malibu-view.jpg   Malibu excursion-wildflowers-collage.jpg   Malibu excursion-pt-mugu.jpg  

It's hurricane season... again...
    WOW! These are beautiful! I LOVE numbers 2 & 4. I would defintely get those enlarged and framed. They're all beautiful... you are obviously enjoying your new camera!
    Kristin
    Canon Bird Nerd #2

Thanks Kristin! (and Penny) Yes, I really am loving the Drebel, and can't wait till I graduate from program mode, hehe. Thanks for your comments.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by kkraczek
    WOW! These are beautiful! I LOVE numbers 2 & 4. I would defintely get those enlarged and framed. They're all beautiful... you are obviously enjoying your new camera!

Thread Information