Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: malibu pier

malibu pier

a week ago I escaped from confines of magazine production purgatory and enjoyed the fresh salt filled air of malibu beach. here's a few from my day... all taken with a canon 10D 300 f4L IS around 1/800, ISO 200, f4, RAW
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails malibu pier-crw_7589_web.jpg   malibu pier-crw_7599_web.jpg   malibu pier-crw_7601_web.jpg  
    www.DigitalMTB.com
    www.alandavisphoto.net
    "There are no honorable bargains involving the exchange of qualitative merchandise like souls, for quantitative merchandise like time or money." -William S. Burroughs

All these shots are very nice , with the 1st and 3rd being my choice. I noticed in the first that you focused on the pyles furthest from you. I think I would have liked it better had the focus been on the nearest ones. I would like to see the tones and texture of the old posts or pyles coming up out of the greenish water. But still nice. I think I liie the bottom picture best as the posts are in focus and I can see the light doing it's thing on the wood and water. just my thoughts . . . Good work
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Chronic Gadget Junkie SCOOTERINSLC's Avatar

Nice!....

I particularly like the last one. Interesting composition.

the first one is my fav. maybe if you bumped up the saturation of the colors in ps...?
    "Too much color blinds the eye."
    -Lao Tze

Very nice post

As always very nice images. All have excellent qualities, good tonal values and nice textures. I struggled with the compositions. They show a lot of imagination and creativity, but for some reason that I am unable to express I just couldn't wrap my eyes around them. On 2 and 3 it was the angles that I had trouble with, I keep wanting to find a true vertical or horizonal and it eluded me. Number one was my favorite image although I would have prefered you focus area more to the foreground of the image. Over all these are very nice images that any of us would be proud of.

Thread Information