ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    My name is Alex, not Eric ;)

Two of my passions, night photography and my BMW

Trying to get back into taking more pictures so last weekend I took the time to go out and do some night exposures. I was hoping to do some really long night exposures but couldn't find the right setting with the time I had available. These were the ones I was happy with, the night was mostly spent relearning how to use my remote shutter control and experimenting with exposure length and ISO. These were shot with a Canon 20D and the kit 18-55 lens. The car is my 1997 BMW M3, the color is Byzanz and there were only 88 made for the US market in this color and its one of only 37 with a factory 5 speed transmission.

happy accident, didn't realize the shutter was open when I was moving the camera.

Cool Re: Two of my passions, night photography and my BMW

Hi! The pics look amazing!

We have just lunched an mobile app that can help photographers like yourself to showcase their work to a unique audience! If you have you discovered something interesting, fun, or unique that you'd like to share with your friends and show the world then simply snap a picture, and add a quick caption. Terranova creates a geo-tagged beacon that's visible by everyone around it. Also, discover what others are sharing. No need for Facebook connections, Instagram handles, or Twitter hashtags to share and view publicly posted photos. You can download Terranova from the App Store or Google Play!

Re: Two of my passions, night photography and my BMW

20D - brings back memories! great snaps

My name is Alex, not Eric ;)

Re: Two of my passions, night photography and my BMW

Quote Originally Posted by lesliemckinley45 View Post
    20D - brings back memories! great snaps
    Thanks. I'd like a newer body that does live view but for now I'm just trying to save up for some better glass.

Thread Information