ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Talking Two great opportunities for Photographers (Ben Watts and Soundgarden)

Hey Guys!
    Im new here, but I thought I would start out by introducing myself. My name is Myles and I work with Talenthouse. We have a lot of amazing opportunities for amateur to professional photographers and I felt I should share it with more photo oriented minds.

Ben Watts
    Globally acclaimed photographer Ben Watts is searching for an aspiring photographer to join him on a photo shoot with Treats! to learn invaluable tips and tricks of the trade. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to get behind the scenes with a world renown photographer. Participants are asked to submit one photograph that embodies the theme of 'energy'. One winner will be chosen to assist Ben on set in Los Angeles, California.

The winner will assist Ben on a Treats! photo shoot in Los Angeles which will be featured in the 3rd issue of the magazine. The selected photographer will be credited in the same issue for their work and will be provided with travel and 2 nights’ accommodation.

The 10 highest voted submissions will each receive a year long subscription to Treats! (4 issues).

HERE

Soundgarden
    Grammy Award-winning Soundgarden are back together after a 13-year absence from the stage. The band is launching a 17 city summer tour and are inviting aspiring photographers to submit their best photograph of an event for the chance to join the band on one date of their 2011 summer tour. One photographer will be chosen in each market to capture the energy of the band and their fans.

Each winner will be given a guest photo pass for one date of Soundgarden's 2011 North American tour to photograph the band during their live performance. Travel and accommodation is the responsibility of each winner.

The 17 winning photographers will have their photographs from Soundgarden's live performance featured in a gallery on soundgardenworld.com and across the band's social networks. All winners will receive photographic credit.

HERE

Have a good weekend, and keep on shootin!

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing this. It does sound like a cool opportunity for photographers who want to get some more attention and shoot some cool stuff that would otherwise be difficult to gain access to. I also think Talenthouse represents an interesting collaborative concept.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John View Post
    Thanks for sharing this. It does sound like a cool opportunity for photographers who want to get some more attention and shoot some cool stuff that would otherwise be difficult to gain access to. I also think Talenthouse represents an interesting collaborative concept.
    No problem! Thanks, I really appreciate your support Captain.

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: Two great opportunities for Photographers (Ben Watts and Soundgarden)

I've registered.
    It will be good to push myself out of Motorsport and shoot something else.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Quote Originally Posted by SmartWombat View Post
    I've registered.
    It will be good to push myself out of Motorsport and shoot something else.
    Good to hear! Looking forward to your submission

One of the things that frustrated me a bit with past talenthouse contests, was that it seemed to be all about who could drive the most traffic to the talenthouse site, and not so much about creative vision or technical ability.

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Entered! I LOVE photographing music and have even photographed Soundgarden when they were here in Salt Lake, back in 1990..
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Thread Information