ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Transportation Thread

few more from me

nissan silvia

Canon EOS 30D | EF 70-200mm f/4L | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 50mm f/1.8 | Sigma 10-20mm f/4 EX | Strobist gear galore

May the force be with you Canuck935's Avatar

Fat Albert

_DSC0222

"An Impression of a Nice Time" ... sailing into a fog bank off Locksport on the Victorian Coast and just waiting for the cold air from Bass Strait to come in and chill the flesh. I don't think I'll ever appreciate the temperature inversion that happens just after sunrise.

"Another Foggy Start' ... on the Clyde Estuary at Bateman's Bay on the New South Wales South Coast.

Warren.
    Last edited by Wild Wassa; 10-09-2008 at 05:45 PM.

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

G9 works great in the dark
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Do any of these survive in the USA ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Transportation Thread-_v9w9774.jpg  
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

B-52. It is three shots stitched together.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Transportation Thread-arm_019sm.jpg  

My friend Andy Wilson Skipper of Padme a Magic 25, a sportsboat very similar to a Melges 24, callled a starb'd on a tall ship during this year's Skandia Geelong race week. Padme was heading back to Limeburner's Point to haulout when it happened in the Hopetoun Channel, on Corio Bay.

Andy said to me, "I've always wanted to call a starb'd on a pirates of the Caribbean ship and see if thay could crash tack." (To which we both laughed heaps). They can come about quickly, I've seen it happen. It is a shame I put the camera away, and had to in case we had to.

When the tall ship came about the noise was absolutely amazing, it was like a canon going off.

This is the photo that I took 15 seconds before it happenned.

I took the next two shots at Williamstown on Port Philip Bay. I've no idea what these ships apart from being tall ships ... but I can identify an Eastern Grey Gull no worries ...

Warren.

I took this shot of my Nightster with an old point and shoot when I was on a trip out to Vermont this past fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Wassa
    When the tall ship came about the noise was absolutely amazing, it was like a canon going off.
    Warren, That must have been quite a sight, and thanks for sharing these images.
    LOL on the Eastern Grey Gull ID.

@ Superhawk, Nice Bike. :wink5: Where was that taken?
    -Bruce

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

This is the plane I was waiting to get on this past Thursday. Hurry up and wait...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Crashtest44
    I love it! *drool* I'm a sucker for big airplanes
    "I say, when life gives you lemons, use it so the salt sticks to your margarita glass":devil:
    -Me

www.flickr.com/photos/natashaleigh

Quote Originally Posted by Crashtest44
    Nice! Is this by chance at March Airbase/Museum?
    -Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by natgaines
    I love it! *drool* I'm a sucker for big airplanes
    Can I help feed this addiction?
    -Bruce
    A close up of the Nine O Nine B-17 Bomber at the North Las Vegas Air field.

Here's the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballen Photo
    Can I help feed this addiction?
    -Bruce
    A close up of the Nine O Nine B-17 Bomber at the North Las Vegas Air field.

Here's the whole thing.
    Flying fortress eh? Sweeet plane Interesting paint job, didn't see US insignia on it. Was this at an Air Show in Nellis? We just had one back in late summer, always enjoy seeing previous glory planes. Don't you know you shouldn't feed the addict? Hehe...Love the full shot. :thumbsup:

Nat
    "I say, when life gives you lemons, use it so the salt sticks to your margarita glass":devil:
    -Me

www.flickr.com/photos/natashaleigh

Here's a couple from me:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Transportation Thread-p6280149x.jpg   Transportation Thread-img_0379x.jpg  
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Quote Originally Posted by natgaines
    Flying fortress eh? Sweeet plane Interesting paint job, didn't see US insignia on it. Was this at an Air Show in Nellis? We just had one back in late summer, always enjoy seeing previous glory planes. Don't you know you shouldn't feed the addict? Hehe...Love the full shot. :thumbsup:

Nat
    Hey Nat, Thanks. The Nine o Nine was actually a stand alone tour sponsored by The Collings Foundation, I took this one a few years ago.
    About feeding the Addict, Here's a more recent shot of another B-17 with engines running.
    The name of this little Beauty is "Aluminum Overcast", also shot at the North Las Vegas Airport. Sorry about posting another.
    -Bruce

'Steer Clear of Big Boats' is a sloggan that Victoria Maritime use about safety on Port Philip Bay. Port Melbourne on Port Philip Bay is the busiest port in the Southern Hemisphere.

Photo taken when we were heading to the marina at Williamstown two evenings ago. The following wind was gusting to 35 knots on a 1.5m swell and our boat was going ballistic. We were going very quickly, more quickly than this big boat heading into Port Melbourne ... I'm sure that the helm of the big boat, didn't even see us.

Warren.
    Last edited by Wild Wassa; 01-10-2009 at 12:49 AM.

How many photographs do you think that I took before the bogus security guards enforcing their bogus terrorist threat assesments at Flinders Street Station in Melbourne, took to swoop onto me and stopped me from taking photographs at Flinders Street Station?

How many images do you think that I took before they swooped? ... It is illegal to take photos at train stations here in Australia (but I don't give a flying fig). So how many images do you think that I actually took 'OR' how long did I take photographs for?

I'll buy anyone a photographic accesory if you are within 10 minutes or within 5 photographs of my questions.

Please think about how long or how many images I took ... and please say what camera manufacturer you support before answering ... and remember, the safety of the free world could hinge on your answer ...

'Dawn Flinders Street Station' ... is a no-go photo zone, shock horror!!!

Warren.

PS, I have had enough of bogus security guards bludging off taxpayers with the bogus so called security threat assessments stopping me from photographing ... the photo above was taken 2 days ago, so go-on arrest me. The police and pseudo police abuse their powers enough in this country. I live in rural Australia and a security guard in the street where my house is, tried to stop me from taking photographs of my immediate community, something that I've been consistently doing for 35 years ... where do you think that I told that pathetic black shirted kid wonder to go? There is only one group of urban terrorist here changing my photographic culture and non of them are middle eastern jhadists. If I'm wrong it must be about an occupational health and safety issue then ... . ... sorry that you could have tripped over my tripod . just watch where you are going in future ... .
    Last edited by Wild Wassa; 01-10-2009 at 02:16 PM.

Wassa: That ship shot is amazing!

Warren, I'd guess it was about 30 pictures in 10 minutes, since I was able to get 45 or so in downtown Seattle at the base of the tallest building in the city before a guard came out and told me that I couldn't take pictures...I had already taken enough for a fully immersive 360x180 degree panorama.

STi as Intended
    An STi at Rallycross

Volvo Do-rifto
    A friend driving my car at Rallycross

Snow Bricks
    My car after record snowfall (19+ inches in 24 hours) -- Even moved it partway through those 24 hours. With chains I got around through 30+ inches no problem...except the fog lights shorted out
    (A $20k 2004 Volvo V70R is buried in the driveway behind me...it's AWD with all season tires and positively worthless in that much snow)
    <><
    Flickr
    --Rebel T2i
    --Sigma 10-20mm
    --Canon EF-S 55-250mm
    --Tamron 17-50mm F2.8

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

One photo..........one minute.......Nikon
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Frog and Mr Yuck, G'day and thank you.. Another hint Sirs, and a belated Happy New Year to you both. I hope your New Year has started off with a big bang.

One of the guards at Flinder's Street Station questioned me on my way out of the station when I was going through the turnstyles only because I didn't have a train ticket. When I explained that I entered the station before sunrise when the gates were left open ... we then discussed photography for about 20 minutes.

Please try again. A Nikon hey Frog?

Want to see more illegal shots? Unfortunately I can't show you the 50+ images that I've already deleted from my camera ... of Flinder's Street Station (another hint).

Evening photos of Flinder's Street Station coming.

Warren.
    Last edited by Wild Wassa; 01-10-2009 at 02:19 PM.

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Indoor transportation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Transportation Thread-_v9w1545.jpg  
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Tom Cruise promoting anti-financial meltdown packages at Flinder's Street Station.

I'm guessing that with Tom promoting the anti-financial metddown packages people concentrating on Tom's image wont notice the other terrorists lurking in the shadows.

We live in most dangerous transit times ... with adds like these.

Not being content to tolerate other people's bogus and fanciful transit issues yesterday, I decided to create one of my own ... with!

'Pseudo Retro Light Rail' ... an anarchists view of a '50s clattering tram. The type of tram that I travelled on many times, when I was somewhat youngish.

Non of these old rail things do what they're told ... maybe because they are all growing old. I can totally relate to that.

Warren.
    Last edited by Wild Wassa; 01-10-2009 at 04:14 PM.

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Two different trains.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Transportation Thread-transportation-3959.jpg   Transportation Thread-transportation-2677.jpg  
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I love bumper-cars!

Ok, Warren, I'm guessing that you always shoot raw and had a 4 gig card so I guess 330 photos. Time...hmm! 4 hours?
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information