ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Too much?

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Too much?

This image is another composite of 8 seperate shots. I put it together with the intention of using it to test Mpix's metallic paper. I have been wanting to give it a try for a while now, and I thought the colors in some fireworks would be a good test. This file was 235mb before I reduced it down for posting here so I'm thinking I could get a fairly large print out of it, but do you think it's too busy? A little overkill with the fireworks perhaps?

Also, there is a light trail that comes up between a very small gap in the trees, and almost lookes like it is in front of the trees. Do you think that it's ok to leave it or should I fix it to make it look like it's coming from behind the trees? The second image is a close up of what I'm talking about.

Just looking for your thoughts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Too much?-6268-composite.jpg   Too much?-6268-close-up.jpg  
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Pentax Forum Moderator

Re: Too much?

Hi Michael...to answer your question about "too busy"...we're talking fireworks here!!!...it just looks like a very nice finale to me...I've seen many finales even more cluttered than this so, really, imho...I don't think you have come even close to being "too busy"!!! As for the trail...unless you really blow it up...it is not distracting and probably would not be much of a problem unless put to extreme scrutiny...I had to look kind of hard to be sure of the spot. Very nice composite, IMHO...
    Ken in Wichita, KS

I think this would be a great shot to try metallic paper on. It almost looks like a slide on a light table - hard to describe. It does look like a composite to me because they're not coming from the same spot, but I don't think that's a big issue here. I would clone out that little spot you mention though.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Thanks for the imput guys!!
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Thread Information