ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Theater in Hollywood, CA

Brought my son to watch a children's stage show. I took these shots during intermission. This theater is the home of the aca demy awrds
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

Re: Theater in Hollywood, CA

Another ceiling shot....

The shapes and colors were kinda cool I thought.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Theater in Hollywood, CA-img_4256_w400.jpg  
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

This leads to the main entrance. I would've taken more shots of Hollywood Bldv but it was too hot and we didn't have much time.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

Wow that some place. Nothing like that were I live. Thanks for sharing the experience.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Wow that some place. Nothing like that were I live. Thanks for sharing the experience.
    Glad you liked it. The theater is a major addition to the city. It was built right next the MANN CHINESE THEATER which is a historic landmark in Hollywood.

The design of the theater was pretty cool. We were in the THIRD balcony and had no complaints about the view.
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

The wife and I were out there about two weeks ago. We were tourists for a weekend and then she had a nursing convention in Anaheim (that was when my vacation started!!). It's cool to see the sights...

BUT.....

No offense to Southern Californians... you couldn't pay me enough to live in the LA area. It was a good experience and I'm glad we went, but no thanks. My profession pays nowhere near enough to meet the cost of living out there and be able to live comfortably.

The wife actually said "I never thought I'd be glad to get back to Milwaukee."

Quote Originally Posted by efjeld
    The wife and I were out there about two weeks ago. We were tourists for a weekend and then she had a nursing convention in Anaheim (that was when my vacation started!!). It's cool to see the sights...

BUT.....

No offense to Southern Californians... you couldn't pay me enough to live in the LA area. It was a good experience and I'm glad we went, but no thanks. My profession pays nowhere near enough to meet the cost of living out there and be able to live comfortably.

The wife actually said "I never thought I'd be glad to get back to Milwaukee."
    Hmmmm....I've been here since I was 5 so I don't know any different. Interesting perspective.
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

Don't get me wrong... There are certain nice areas... The most interesting thing to me was a drive up PCH from Laguna to Malibu. Nice homes in Laguna/Newport Beach, not much traffic. As we got closer to LA it got dirtier, traffic was heavier and graffiti was everywhere. Then as we got out of LA things suddenly got cleaner again.

I guess I take back what I said about you couldn't pay me to live there, because I would live in Malibu, Laguna Beach, Newport Beach or the San Diego area. The former of those four... not even doable on a copper's salary. The latter... a possibility in retirement.

On topic... we made it to Mann's Chinese Theater and the Hollywood Blvd walk of fame. I saw the Kodak Theater and didn't even know that's where the Academy Awards and American Idol were held, otherwise I would've paid a little more attention to it!

Liz

Thanks for sharing these shots. I enjoyed viewing them. Nice work - and interesting subject, something many people would be enjoy seeing and would never get the in-person experience.

The color is great......good composition.

BTW - how did you get your Canon "logo" on your threads as your sig? I really like it. It's a classic. I'm "all Canon." :idea:

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by efjeld
    Don't get me wrong... There are certain nice areas... The most interesting thing to me was a drive up PCH from Laguna to Malibu. Nice homes in Laguna/Newport Beach, not much traffic.
    Yes, Los Angeles can be a handful. It's such a melting pot that you can be in Korea Town at 10AM, China Town at 10:30AM, and Little Tokyo at 10:50AM.....and have lunch on Alvarado Street.
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    Thanks for sharing these shots. I enjoyed viewing them. Nice work - and interesting subject, something many people would be enjoy seeing and would never get the in-person experience.

The color is great......good composition.

BTW - how did you get your Canon "logo" on your threads as your sig? I really like it. It's a classic. I'm "all Canon." :idea:

Liz
    Thanks Liz! It was my first time in that theater. We took my 2 year old to a Sesame Street stage show. It was great and he loved it we could feel his heart pounding.

For the logo, you would have to right click on the graphic and save it then upload it to a webserver. Reference the graphics URL in your signature using HTML. I would offer you my URL but I can't guarantee it will be there for good
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

Thread Information