ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

The thaw has begun

I came upon this sight while hiking the other day. With the mild temps the frozen lakes are thawing and opening up. I dont know the name of this pond/small lake (or if it even has a name) out by Amalga Harbor. Canon 300D, EF 28-90 lens, circ.polarizer filter.

jeff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The thaw has begun-amalga-lake-resized-2.jpg  
    Diplomacy is the art of letting someone have your way.

Nice image Jeff! I'm quite envious of you. Alaska is somewhere I've always wanted to visit and, more than likely, live. Keep enticing me!

How are you liking you new camera?
    Nikon Samurai #3

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true
    friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

http://brians4x4adventures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/brianliles/
    http://www.facebook.com/brianliles

Liz

Cool Nice camera you got there! beautiful image

Jeff - it looks like you know how to use that camera! (I have the same one and absolutely love it).

This is a beautiful shot, great composition.......lovely peaceful scene. Thanks for sharing it here. Please post some more of those Rebel moments! I CAN'T WAIT for SPRING!

At least the sun is out and the snow is melting.....and once again Spring looks close!

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_in_ak
    I came upon this sight while hiking the other day. With the mild temps the frozen lakes are thawing and opening up. I dont know the name of this pond/small lake (or if it even has a name) out by Amalga Harbor. Canon 300D, EF 28-90 lens, circ.polarizer filter.

jeff

The thaw

While I think your photo is lovely, I have mixed emotions about thawing. I hate all the mud, grime, dirt, and grit that surfaces once the snow starts to melt. Fresh snow is so clean and pristine; melting snow is dirty and messy. I would prefer to go from winter directly to summer, and back again. Who needs spring and fall? ;)

Spike

Thread Information