The thaw has begun

Printable View

• 02-17-2004, 09:04 PM
    jeff_in_ak
    1 Attachment(s)
    The thaw has begun
    I came upon this sight while hiking the other day. With the mild temps the frozen lakes are thawing and opening up. I dont know the name of this pond/small lake (or if it even has a name) out by Amalga Harbor. Canon 300D, EF 28-90 lens, circ.polarizer filter.

jeff
  • 02-18-2004, 12:07 AM
    Kokopeli
    Nice image Jeff! I'm quite envious of you. Alaska is somewhere I've always wanted to visit and, more than likely, live. Keep enticing me!

How are you liking you new camera?
  • 02-18-2004, 01:42 PM
    Liz
    Nice camera you got there! beautiful image
    Jeff - it looks like you know how to use that camera! (I have the same one and absolutely love it).

This is a beautiful shot, great composition.......lovely peaceful scene. Thanks for sharing it here. Please post some more of those Rebel moments! I CAN'T WAIT for SPRING!

At least the sun is out and the snow is melting.....and once again Spring looks close!

Liz :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff_in_ak
    I came upon this sight while hiking the other day. With the mild temps the frozen lakes are thawing and opening up. I dont know the name of this pond/small lake (or if it even has a name) out by Amalga Harbor. Canon 300D, EF 28-90 lens, circ.polarizer filter.

jeff

• 02-18-2004, 01:56 PM
    Spike
    The thaw
    While I think your photo is lovely, I have mixed emotions about thawing. I hate all the mud, grime, dirt, and grit that surfaces once the snow starts to melt. Fresh snow is so clean and pristine; melting snow is dirty and messy. I would prefer to go from winter directly to summer, and back again. Who needs spring and fall? ;)

Spike