ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thanks to you all...

So, it's a few days early, but who's counting. A year ago, I got my first camera, and after a trip posted a few pics here. It has been a wonderful year full of learning, not only about technique, but also about history, nature and much more as my new hobby has taken me to places and events I had never gone to before. Photography has become an important part of my life for so many reasons and will continue to be for many years to come.

I would also like to add that I have encountered many wonderful people, both online and in person. Many people here have become mentors of sorts (although they don't know it). Thanks to those of you who have put up with me and helped me to learn and improve, those who have offered encouragement, and those who weren't afraid to let me know I suck when I do.

In the past year, I have sold several prints and done some small commercial work, in addition six of my photos have been chosen on this site as featured photos. I am now a member of the PSA, and Middle Georgia Camera Club, and soon will be competing in PSA events on a regular basis. Again, all thanks to the help of members of this wonderful community.

For my second year, I hope to pay back some of that debt, though it is a tall order. Of course, another featured photo and some more paying work would be great too alongside some ribbons .

Thanks for letting me be a part of this community!

P.S. no photo for the anniversary been on block for a couple weeks.

Re: Thanks to you all...

Excellent! I love it when people come here and get inspired and motivated. That's what makes it all worthwhile for me. So thanks for sharing.

Photography isn't only for the elite. Photography isn't something that can't be learned. There is such a thing as talent. But everyone can learn to be a better photographer. So much of it is learning to see and camera technique. And you can do it with any camera. A great camera helps. But the camera you have is the best camera.

Spread the word!
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by payn817
    and those who weren't afraid to let me know I suck when I do.
    You know, it's hard to hear it sometimes but I learn this way too. ;)

What a year you've had - congrads! It's really great to hear that things are going so well, glad to have you as a part of this community.

Now get out and shoot!

Payn,

Definitely a great year for you photographic improvement. It's awesome to see somebody like yourself show dedication to this site through thick and thin.

Glad to have you on board,

Jared

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    You know, it's hard to hear it sometimes but I learn this way too. ;)

What a year you've had - congrads! It's really great to hear that things are going so well, glad to have you as a part of this community.

Now get out and shoot!
    Well Steve...I've been meaning to tell you...

Payn, it's been fun watching you catch the photography bug. You have a good eye for what makes an interesting subject. As for returning the help, I think you've already been doing that.
    ----------------------------

Pentax Forum Moderator

Payn, congratulations...my anniversary is coming up in May also...I hope when I post my anniversary message, I can be as eloquent as you. I definitely know what you mean about these folks being "mentors". Each and everyone here has offered more of themselves than anyone could ever expect. PR may not be the largest or most well known photography site, but there are none better any where!!!!! I look forward to my first anniversary and many more to come with you and the whole PR family!!!!
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Jared, Chunk thanks for the words, and letting me know i've improved. You were two of the biggest factors and probably gave me more feedback than anyone.

AV, yeah it was hard to hear, but recently I have realized that we all suck sometimes. You should have seen some of the garbage the "pros" turned in for first cycle in our camera club

Ken, I actually started in May too, but since I've been having block lately, I figured there wouldn't be an anniversary photo. I remember us starting around the same time, and we were the only guys really showing support for Kodak. Oddly enough, I got my DSLR about a week after you got yours. Seems like we are in sync . We even both went with non-canikon systems.

Congrats on your year, from what I have read in your posts, photography has done alot for you too. It's nice we cn all share in these experiences even if we can't put a face to them. I wish you many more and good fortune in the future.

PJ, you got a great site across the board, the best on the net by far.

Thread Information