ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Thank you!

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Thank you!

Washington D.C. and The Wall have been on my "must see" list for a long time now. When I found out that The Moving Wall was going to be 20 miles from me, I had to go. Very moving. Thanks to all who have served, or are currently serving.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thank you!-img_8686.jpg  
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Liz

Re: Thank you!

This is an awesome image - very moving! It had to be quite an experience to see The Wall in person. I'm a very patriotic person and I find experiences like this emotional - even life changing. I appreciate you're sharing the photo with us.

Where do you find a calendar/schedule for The Wall - I would like to visit if and when it comes anywhere near NJ - or NYC.

ETA: I found the schedule - I didn't think to click on the link. Thanks!

Thank you.

Liz

photo gallery Mod. starriderrick's Avatar

Fantastic image Mike,Thank You for sharing this!

Rick

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Thanks Liz and Rick. I got up before the sun and went back to the wall this morning. For a while, I was the only one there (besides the volunteers working). Being there by yourself gives the memorial an entirely different mood.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thank you!-img_8787.jpg   Thank you!-img_8834.jpg   Thank you!-img_8872.jpg   Thank you!-img_8801.jpg   Thank you!-img_8820.jpg  

Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Love that first shot! Let me second your thanks to all that have served and are serving our country. I am very grateful for their sacrifices.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Great shots as usual, Mike. I saw the moving wall a few years ago when it was in town, and it was a very powerful experience.

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

When the moving wall came through my area a few years ago, I read names off, including my uncle's who was killed in 67.
    I wore my class A uniform.
    Good pics as usual Mike, thanks for the memories.
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Excellent. That memorial makes me cry every time I see it. Even if you don't have a drop of patriotic blood in you, all those names on that cold black stone have to move you.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Mike,

Thank you for the pictures and the posts. I have had the distinct Honor of volunteering at The Moving Wall. I was the security guy for the night when it was in my area. WOW, what a moving experience. I get to see The Wall every year I go to DC (at least 1 time/year).

I have some pics of The Wall for a friend of mine. I took pics of his fellow soldiers who were killed in battle.

The reflections on The Wall are me and my partner. The last one I like because it shows The Wall and how many visitors walk by. I did not take any of any artifacts left by visitors. I will have to next year.

Phil
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thank you!-wall1.jpg   Thank you!-wall2.jpg   Thank you!-wall3.jpg   Thank you!-wall4.jpg  
    Support those who protect us:
    www.ODMP.org

Pentax Forum Moderator

Beautiful shots, Mike!!! I took my grandchildren and it amazed me how it affected my 10 yr old granddaughter. She found and etched a family friends name. And she was crying, and I know that she truly understood the importance of the wall. It really made my experience an even more moving time!!!!
    As many of you know, I was a Viet Nam vet. My experience was to find the names of some pilots, doctors and nurses that died at the end of the war in 1975. Although I still don't know their exact names, I did find where their names should be on the wall. These people were on a C5-A that crashed while trying to evacuate a bunch of babies. All perished!!! My ship was one of the ones doing salvage operations on the aircraft when Vietnam fell for the last time in May of 1975. I did get some pictures of all the names of the last people to die during that time period when the plane went down, so I now have their names. Even if I don't know them exactly, at least I feel a lot closer to them now!
    Again Mike, Awesome shots. Thanx for the memories and my thanx to all my brother vets who gave the ultimate for our freedom!!!!
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Ken,

Thank you for your service brother........

Phil
    Support those who protect us:
    www.ODMP.org

Pentax Forum Moderator

Here's 2 from my trip to the wall...first one I call "Waiting His Turn" and the second one is "Waiting Her Turn"
    These are my grandchildren.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thank you!-waiting-his-turn-pr.jpg   Thank you!-waiting-her-turn-pr.jpg  
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Thread Information