I've been a loyal Canon person since I've been here.......and since I purchased my first SLR camera. My main camera is still the XTi, but I just ordered a Panasonic TZ5. This means I also had to make the decision to sell the awesome G9.

Over the weekend, I tried my friend's new TZ5 and just love it. For me the size is perfect, it's not an ultra compact, but it's not nearly as big or heavy as the G9. I really like the perspective of the 28mm on this camera. It has some great features including IA (intelligent auto) along with "auto." The auto on the TZ 5 is more flexible in the fact that you can change some settings, set a maximum ISO, etc. The 3" LCD resolution is 960,000 and easy to see at different angles. Unfortunately it doesn't have a VF, but no p&s is perfect. The IQ on the G9 may be a bit better, but the TZ5 is very sharp with excellent color rendition.

I wanted a smaller p&s with a wide angle for vacation, but didn't want to sell the G9. However, since I have the XTi I don't need 2 p&s cameras.

I'll post some pics when I get the camera!

BTW, if anyone is interested in my G9 you can get the info in the classifieds.

http://classifieds.photographyreview...wcat.php/cat/7

Liz