ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Strange Weather

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Strange Weather

This afternoon it was in the low 50's. Three days ago, it was 40 degrees warmer.

We took my daughter and her friend tubing Sunday. I suppose it was our last outing for this season. Could be wrong - might be in the 80's or 90's again in a week or two
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Strange Weather-10-07-07-late-season-1.jpg   Strange Weather-10-07-07-late-season-2.jpg   Strange Weather-10-07-07-late-season-3.jpg  
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

Re: Strange Weather

Quote Originally Posted by Loupey
    This afternoon it was in the low 50's. Three days ago, it was 40 degrees warmer.

We took my daughter and her friend tubing Sunday. I suppose it was our last outing for this season. Could be wrong - might be in the 80's or 90's again in a week or two
    Why the face? Are you anxious for snow?

Nice shots by the way.
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

Same exact thing here... It was really hot over the weekend and I have been looking forward to a change in seasons. 50's is nice, but it's quite a change!

Same here, I'm ready for fall! Bring on the beautiful fall colors!!
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Thanks for sharing the shots! The warmth on their faces matches the temperture in the air! Looks like fun.

Thanks for looking, guys!

manacsa: "Why the face?" - LoL! No not anxious, but fall should be fall, winter should be winter, etc. It screws up my little forest friends.

Besides, I never know when to winterize my boat I should still have about another month of running up to Lake Erie.

Last two. Sorry about the first one - it is an uncropped image on a bumpy boat while facing backwards. Only took my 300mm (for birds) and 28mm (for fall colored trees) of which I took neither that day.

So long, summer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Strange Weather-10-07-07-late-season-4.jpg   Strange Weather-10-07-07-late-season-5.jpg  

See my website HERE.

Great shots Loupey!

The temps was 92 here Wednesday. Saturday the high is suppose to be 71.

The wife and I are planning on going camping at Shackleford this weekend. Great camping weather.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Speed - thanks a lot. If I lived as close to the ocean as you did, I'm afraid I would never get any work done The "grass is always greener" kind of thing.

Incidentally, we recently found Topsail Island to be a great family get-away destination. We love your neck of the woods!

Back to the weather: During recent years Lake Erie did not freeze over during the winter. A few years ago, my co-worker and I went boating/fishing in the middle of December. Water levels up there right now are 2' to 3' below normal - that's a tremendous volume of water missing. Crazy scary stuff.

See my website HERE.

We went from record highs to highs way below "normal" overnight.

Have fun camping Speed!
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Speed - thanks a lot.

"Speed - thanks a lot. If I lived as close to the ocean as you did, I'm afraid I would never get any work done The "grass is always greener" kind of thing."

It can be tough at times. Today has been gorgeous, and I'd much rather be on the water or out riding my motorcycle.

"Incidentally, we recently found Topsail Island to be a great family get-away destination. We love your neck of the woods!"

Topsail Island is about an hour from where I live! Next time let me know you're coming, and we'll get together for dinner one evening!

"Back to the weather: During recent years Lake Erie did not freeze over during the winter. A few years ago, my co-worker and I went boating/fishing in the middle of December. Water levels up there right now are 2' to 3' below normal - that's a tremendous volume of water missing. Crazy scary stuff."

I know what you mean. The rivers, ponds and lakes around here are also low. But I've seen it before, and they always come back. North Carolina went through three years of drought several years back, then it tried to make up for it all at once - while we were having our house built! Our yard was an incredilby muddy mess. This too will pass....
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information