ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    This photo may be the best tribute I have to my best friend.
    I love the heart, nice touch.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Re: Soupy - My Best Friend

So sorry to hear about Soupy

Stop Or I'll Shoot Photography Lori11's Avatar

Oh John I'm so sorry The unconditional we get (through the scratches sometimes lol) and give to and from them is something that cant be explained. You gave Soupy a great life and he returned it in kind

Liz

John,

How did he get the name "Soupy?" It sounds like he must have "earned" it.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    How did he get the name "Soupy?" It sounds like he must have "earned" it.
    Soupy was a stray who showed up at a house where I lived in San Jose, an about 1994, I guess. I heard some meowing outside and found him hiding in a utility cubbyhole on the side of the house. He was probably about 5 or 6 months old - still a kitten, but not tiny. He had a flea collar on so we figured he was lost. My roommate promptly opene a can of tuna, insuring that he'd never want to leave. Then he said we'd better keep him in the house or he'd end up "White Cat Soup" - a politically incorrect reference to the cultural diversity in our neighborhood (did I word that part well? ). White Cat Soup was shortened to Soup and eventually morphed into Soupy. He's also been called Fatass because at one point he weighed close to 20 pounds.

Thanks for asking about his name. The best names just come naturally. Soupy has a great friend and he had a great name.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

He's also been called Fatass because at one point he weighed close to 20 pounds.
    That was about when I met Soupy for the first time wasn't, about '04 I think..
    He seemed pretty big to me.
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Liz

John,

That's a great story - thanks for sharing it. It's funny how cats get attached to one person. Did you ever have another cat?

He's also been called Fatass because at one point he weighed close to 20 pounds.
    Jeremy weighs about 17 lbs. and the vet said he has to lose weight. It's hard to keep him on a diet as he will eat anything that doesn't eat him first.

Liz

Soupy was my first and main kitty. My ex-girlfriend in CA and I lived together for about ten years with three cats, one of which was Soupy. There were usually a couple of project cats living in the basement, on the porch, or in an old parakeet cage in the backyard, too. Parker was one of the three indoor cats and he's still with me. Some of you may remember that he had a bad infection a couple of years ago and almost died. He's fat and healthier than ever now. I'm a little worried about how he'll react to Soupy being gone. But so far it doesn't seem to have affected him. I'm sure it does, though. They were together for a long, long time.
    Last edited by Photo-John; 09-17-2008 at 12:12 PM.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Wow, I am so sorry. Losing a best friend can be tough.

Liz

Soupy was my first and main kitty. My ex-girlfriend in CA and I lived together for about ten years with three cats, one of which was Soupy. There were usually a couple of project cats living in the basement, on the porch, or in an old parakeet cage in the backyard, too. parke was one of the three indoor cats and he's still with me. Some of you may remember that he had a bad infection a couple of years ago and almost died. He's fat and healthier than ever now. I'm a little worried about how he'll react to Soupy being gone. But so far it doesn't seem to have affected him. I'm sure it does, though. They were together for a long, long time.
    Now I remember Parke! I was thinking about the time your cat had the infection, but couldn't remember his name, so I assumed it had to be Soupy that had the infection. I'm glad Parke is healthy. And I'm glad he's still around.

Liz

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

It's hard to keep him on a diet as he will eat anything that doesn't eat him first.
    Tess brought in her first mouse yesterday.
    Didn't eat it, oh no.
    Not a diet supplement, but a TOY.
    Thanks, puss.
    We really wanted that in the bedroom.
    She was encouraged to take it outside to eat !

This morning she had a hacking upchuck of cat-food and diarrhoea, so maybe she finally ate something that disagreed with her.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

I'm so sorry to hear about that. It has to be one of the hardest things to deal with under any circumstance. They are much more than a pet, they are companions. I lost mine about 5 yrs ago and still can't talk about it and the one that he replaced was 19yrs. Its hard to think about, but give it time and somewhere someday there will be another one.

Take care

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information