ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Something Different...Depression (NUDITY)

I have visualized this scene for a long time. Recently I was approached by Persis (model) to do some photography for her portfolio. We did mostly outdoor/natural shots, but we did this shot as well.

I wanted to project my current feelings through a picture and this is what I got. Used Phase1, and then in photoshop used the photo filter - blue, diffussion, and then diffused glow.

Having a stretch of bad luck so it was good to use photography as a way to "exercise".

Loren

The first one is the fine art nude, and then the others are from the normal shoots from Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday was with Rebecca.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Something Different...Depression (NUDITY)-crw_1539_diffuseglow.jpg   Something Different...Depression (NUDITY)-crw_1478.jpg   Something Different...Depression (NUDITY)-crw_1463.jpg   Something Different...Depression (NUDITY)-washo_007_web.jpg  
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

* Any photographer worth his salt has 10,000 bad negatives under his belt. - Ansel Adams

Canon 10D/EOS 3 and one day my Mark2

Quote Originally Posted by Speed
    I LOVE that last shot! Beautiful work!

All of them are nice, but that last one really jumps out at me.

What gear are you shooting with these days? You've changed gear several times over the last couple of years, and I've lost track.
    Thanks Speed..that series of shots turned out well under the shade of the palm trees.

While I will constantly fight my Canon equipment for the next several months and wishing it was a Nikon, the Canon stuff is pretty good. I went down from the Kodak digital back to something more usable in a wider selection of photography. Based my decision on the Canon Mark 2, but it will be another month or so until I get it from Adorama.

Loren

Canon Warlord #89
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

* Any photographer worth his salt has 10,000 bad negatives under his belt. - Ansel Adams

Talking Hey Loren!

Quote Originally Posted by racingpinarello
    I have visualized this scene for a long time. Recently I was approached by Persis (model) to do some photography for her portfolio. We did mostly outdoor/natural shots, but we did this shot as well.

I wanted to project my current feelings through a picture and this is what I got. Used Phase1, and then in photoshop used the photo filter - blue, diffussion, and then diffused glow.

Having a stretch of bad luck so it was good to use photography as a way to "exercise".

Loren

The first one is the fine art nude, and then the others are from the normal shoots from Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday was with Rebecca.
    I LOVE that last shot! Beautiful work!

All of them are nice, but that last one really jumps out at me.

What gear are you shooting with these days? You've changed gear several times over the last couple of years, and I've lost track.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

As always, your images have that perfect exposure thing going. While the first shot is creative, I absolutely love #4 ... there is such a natural, genuine, peaceful look on your model, and everything is working in the frame. Excellent.

Thank you Charles...

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Hess
    As always, your images have that perfect exposure thing going. While the first shot is creative, I absolutely love #4 ... there is such a natural, genuine, peaceful look on your model, and everything is working in the frame. Excellent.
    I appreciate your comments. I do think that the #4 picture is very pleasing. Rebecca's modeling agency loved it, and the cool thing is they had suggested a different photographer. I am very pleased with the Canon metering, and it's perfectly calibrated to my Sekonic light meter.

Thanks Charles...
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

Another vote for #4

While all your posted images are very nice, #4 gets my vote too. Your lighting of the subject gave her a beautiful glow and transformed her into a real vision. Well done! Thanks for posting these beautifully done photographs. It's a pleasure to have someone of your artistic quality to be a part of the community.

Thread Information