ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Ghost

Something to consider...

There's more to photography than the photograph.

When you're knockin someone's equipment, or trying to convince them that one thing (gear, process, method) is better than another, try and remember that the final photograph isn't everything for everyone. For some people, myself included, the enjoyment of photography is in figuring out what to photograph, how to photograph, and being successful with my vision, even if the photo "sucks".

Hi Trevor ... I hope that this wasn't in reference to my initial post, as I didn't knock anyone's equipment, rather I stated that my choices were my own and that the endless digital-analog debate is silly, at best. Photography is very subjective, very personal, and obviously, not everyone will like, understand, or see another's vision. Take care.

Foot-in-mouth, as I read your response on my thread after typing in my words on this one. You are 100% correct in your thinking, and I have to admit, I'm beginning to feel sorry that I posted my thread, as I certainly don't want people to take sides like they do on some other forums. I have plenty of photos that "suck" to other people, but I sure enjoyed taking them. :-)

Preaching to the choir?

Trevor,

Those that get it, already do, those that don't maybe will, maybe won't, but your statement won't change that. Everyone realizes that on their own time, if they realize it at all.

I find myself screaming the same thing sometimes. I'm starting to realize it's not worth the time. Some people are in it FOR the gear, some for the process, some for the image.

The thing is, with photography they are ALL right.

At least that's the way I look at it.

BTW, Gurnee is a little over an hour away from me, and I might be moving even closer than that.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Charles and Trevor, I was thinking just the other day (yesterday, maybe?) that every photographer has "stories" about How They Got The Shot, and I think photographers would just love to share those stories.

So I was thinking, what if someone (I) wrote a book compiling the photographers' stories along with their images?
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian

BTW, Gurnee is a little over an hour away from me, and I might be moving even closer than that.
    Sebastian, who lives near Gurnee?

Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by kellybean
    Sebastian, who lives near Gurnee?
    I'm moving to Gurnee in a few months Sebastian and I attempted to meet in the past but I got flaky at the last moment.

Charles, your post had nothing to do with this one but it does fit the same theme. It's just what was on my mind at the moment.

Sebastian, you're right. People that don't get it need to on their own time, if ever. But it helps to say it every now and then so they can hear it just in case it does click all of a sudden.

I've been away from Photography for a while now. I think the reason I posted this thread is because nothing has changed in the past few months (not that I would have expected change).

Kellybean, I have a job for you at my work....get management and the peons to understand each other. It pays nothing

(edit: i forgot how to spell Sebastian)

well then, trevor, I'll live about an hour from you. And if my son gets another season pass to six flags, I'll be in your neighborhood quite often. :-|

Will you still be at the same job when you move?

Thread Information