ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Some moments you just can't plan for...

And sometimes you don't even know they happened till you get your film developed, LOL.

Spring is finally starting to get the upperhand against winter here... so with this last weekend being in the 70's and just beautiful out, I figured it was time to start bringing my camera up to the barn to take some pictures as I do the turnouts.

Anyway, despite being an eventful day (I had one horse rip the lead from my hand as I opened the paddock gate, and he then proceeded to gallop around the neighboring cornfield as me and three of the grooms tried to corner him, and a new mare try to trample me when I brought her in... thankfully she's a small mare), it was a really nice day to take pictures. Slightly overcast, though the sun did break through a few times, but all and all the light stayed pretty diffused. The horses were completely uninterested in posing for me though-- the grass is just starting to get green and their heads were just about glued to the ground. People probably thought I was nuts, I was jumping up and down and clapping and throwing my lense cap in the air trying to get them to look at me... to little positive results most of the time!

I got the film developed today, and came across this picture and nearly keeled over laughing. I know that Solomon flipped his head during one shot... I'm guessing now that this is the result, and that he was probably shaking a fly away from his head, but I had no idea that he had made a face like this one. I need to blow this up and pin it on the bulletin board at the barn
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Some moments you just can't plan for...-solomon1.jpg  

Re: Some moments you just can't plan for...

say cheese!!!! I love those shots when animals start making faces.

nice shot
    "Good judgement comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgement"

Nikon Samurai #16

Re: Some moments you just can't plan for...

Animals making faces is always hilarious! Nice shooting and nice story!

Jared

Thread Information