ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Pretty happy, just had to share

I don't know if you guys remember, but I've recently been through a move that's kind of left me cold(actually warm)and mountain less.

I could get used to the warm part, but I've had a hard time getting used to North Carolina.

I just received a job offer with a significant raise from my old employer. I will be going back to what I love to do and enough jack to be able to live where I want to. I am pretty happy. Back to Wyoming and Alaska! Hopefully this will kick start my photography again. I've had a bit of a hard time here with that too.

Just had to share
    Rule books are paper they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal. --Ernie Gann--
    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. --Oscar Wilde--

Re: Pretty happy, just had to share

Congratulations! Sounds like you are a happy camper again. It is always great to hear good news, Jeff :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yay - good news is................well, good!!

Your editing is welcomed. A picture is worth...

All can look. Few will see. Less will know.

The Truth can be anything it will. I just want to know Truth.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I remember and am very happy for you!
    Have to admit you sounded pretty miserable.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Congratulations EOS!
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Great news!!! Can't wait to see more images from you.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Grats man.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by EOSThree
    I don't know if you guys remember, but I've recently been through a move that's kind of left me cold(actually warm)and mountain less.

I could get used to the warm part, but I've had a hard time getting used to North Carolina.

I just received a job offer with a significant raise from my old employer. I will be going back to what I love to do and enough jack to be able to live where I want to. I am pretty happy. Back to Wyoming and Alaska! Hopefully this will kick start my photography again. I've had a bit of a hard time here with that too.

Just had to share
    Congratulations EOS!!!!! Drum roll :7:

Yes, I do remember. And I am so happy for you! This is awesome news. It's so good your previous employer wants you back, especially with jobs so scarce today. I sure hope you will have your camera in your bag ready to go soon.

When are you planning to leave?

Good luck - and I look forward to more good news along the way. Thanks for sharing your good news.

Liz

Good news! Sometimes you just have to get back. - TF
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

Glad to hear it! I look forward to more of your work as well.
    "The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lang

flickr

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I am pretty jacked. It's looking like mid-March for the trek across country to WY. Then, back to AK in late April. Sometimes you don't realize how good you have it until you leave something. The grass may look greener elsewhere, but in a lot of cases it's more of the same, and sometimes worse.
    Rule books are paper they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal. --Ernie Gann--
    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. --Oscar Wilde--

GB1

Congrats! I'm sure NC has its charms in its own way, but I hear the photographic opportunities in Alaska are simply unreal. WY is known for scenery too.

As for me, doubt I could get used to the extreme cold of Alaska ... I spent two years in Germany in the military and decided I was too thin for that. I'm a desert lover and may end up out there some day.

Maybe we could all plan a trip to ALASKA in the warmer months for a super photo expedition?
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Awesome News!

As much as it's true that, "wherever you go, there you are," I think I know how you feel. I've lived most of my life in the West and when I moved to New England for a few years after college, I could never get used to the lack of mountains. It was a serious spiritual problem for me. I need the perspective of mountains in the distance or looking across big valleys from big mountains. So, I'm very happy for you

I hope we can get together when you're back. I haven't spent enough time in Wyoming and I'd love to explore more there. And Alaska? Well, I think they have some good skiing up there
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Wyoming will again be my winter home while spending my summers in Alaska. It's nearly the perfect combination for me. Summers in Alaska in the interior can be quite warm (70s-80s) perfect weather for me.

It's funny, I grew up in the Midwest (Chicago) and went back for a stint from 1997 to 2003 in Indianapolis. I find that I don't mind the Midwest, but the east has a weird vibe about it for me. I feel claustrophobic here with all of the forest surrounding everything. Then, there are no mountains here in Raleigh so you can't get up above it all to have a view, luckily I am an aeroplane driver and that affords me a view. If you do go to the mountains here, they still have the same problem, thick forest with few vistas.

I recently began to get some inspiration here, there are derelict structures everywhere slowly rotting into the soil and getting covered with Kudzu. I think some of them would look pretty good with a stormy sky in B&W. I'll have to get some shots before I leave. (see, my photo mojo is coming back already!) There are the same type of structures in the West but somehow they seem less sad and more photogenic with majestic mountains in the background.

Yeah John, I hope to get to SLC for a little skiing before I leave for Alaska this spring. I have to take it pretty easy so I don't bust something and end up jeopardizing my job, but I'll look you up and share some turns off the Supreme lift. If I'm at Park City then it's Morning Ray's for breaky, slay the pow, then off to the No Name for some real beers.

Thread Information