ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    The Giraffe

Skim Kitty (story and picture)

In order for this story to make sense, you should first know that I skimboard. This probably isn't what you're thinking of. What we do is considered wave skimming, which is where we take a 50+ inch carbon fiber board, run out towards the ocean as a wave is building, drop the board on the wet sand or shallow water, ride out to the building wave, start cutting back and ride the wave in, doing tricks or getting in the barrel on the way in. Anyways, about the cat

Story behind the picture:
    So after pulling an all nighter, I kept getting mad at myself while skimboarding the other day. And it was freezing. So I decided to take a break, and change into clothes and chill on the boardwalk. I ended up falling asleep on the wooden bench, and "Skim" the cat hopped up while I was asleep and slept with me. Supposedly we slept together for 2 hours... haha

Story behind Skim the cat:
    A few of my friends were walking down the beach, and this cat came up to them. It then followed them all the way back to where we were set up. It chilled with us the entire day. It would go from person to person and just hang out with them. It would stand by us skimmers, then sit, then lay down and wait for us to come back up the beach after charging a wave. It would just lay in the sand with the girls. It was the coolest cat ever. We named it Skim.
    -Aaron Kaplan

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Skim Kitty (story and picture)

Some cats are obnoxious and some are cool.....you found a cool one.
    Feed it.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

The Giraffe

Well we wanted to adopt it or at least feed it, but then we noticed a tag and flea collar. So it belonged to someone. It was just out wandering. And it's been back the last couple times we were out there. Pretty sweet
    -Aaron Kaplan

Liz

Thanks for sharing the story - and posting the photo. I enjoyed reading about Skim - and about your wave skimming (I learned something new today).

Your story was both interesting and uplifting - and I'm glad you shared it. I hope Skim keeps hanging out with you - cool cat.

I live in NJ and visit the shore at times.....love the boardwalk. Where are you?

Liz

The Giraffe

Well I'm glad I could teach you something!

I live in Florida and frequent certain sections of New Smyrna Beach that have good waves on shore.

I wish I lived in New Jersey though... huge waves!
    -Aaron Kaplan

Thread Information