ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Singletrack with old fence and walker. Sepia

This one is a bit overexposed and i mistakenly had my camera on 400ISO. I played around with the levels and converted it to sepia.

I think this area looks to have some potential, I'll probably head back there sometime and get some more pictures with correct exposure and ISO, also with a more interesting sky. I went biking today and saw a lot of potential subjects...

EDIT: here's the picture i forgot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Singletrack with old fence and walker. Sepia-sepiatrail.jpg  
    <><
    Flickr
    --Rebel T2i
    --Sigma 10-20mm
    --Canon EF-S 55-250mm
    --Tamron 17-50mm F2.8

Re: Singletrack with old fence and walker. Sepia

I love this tone. The sepia really draws out this shot and I love the human way out in the distant along the fence. Nice shot!

learning member

Re: Singletrack with old fence and walker. Sepia

This is a nice shot, but I think that there is too much empty space on the left and sky. I tried some cropping that worked for me. I cropped out most of the sky and the bottom to the begining of the fence, which made a long thin panorama that included all back ground elements, and I cropped to just include the tree left center and most of the sky out wich left a normal dimension, much improved image, IMO. I like the 3-4 layers in the background, the way the path and fence curve in the same way and the figure that adds scale.
    Again nice shot, Mark

Thread Information