ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Sigma 10-20mm F4-F5.6 HSM

Got this thing along with my XTi a week ago and I must say it's awesome. Every time I use it, it's my favorite lens I have, of course when I'm using my EF 50mm F1.8... THAT'S my favorite lens ;) (both of my lenses are pretty much awesome, but this thread is about the Siggy)

I feel kinda lazy right now, so I just copied the embed html from flickr, if you want to see these larger, just go to the flickr page and click "all sizes" above the photo

Chugging Contest
    Multiplicity self portraits is a Blast, the distortion kind of makes me appear slightly different among myselves, fun stuff.

What's for Lunch?
    Though sometimes I play mean tricks on myself.

Garden
    Stitched Panoramas are a treat with this.

Flickr Page
    I can even do fully immersive views fairly quickly and HDR them without bracketing thanks to RAW.
    ^the above picture will open in shockwave player for a totally immersive view when clicked.

Shady Refuge
    People shots are ridiculously fun, notice the length of my girlfriend's toes...brilliant.

Jessica & Volvo
    A close up, yet entire subject is still in frame.

Sometimes I don't tonemap/HDR, but with this lens, I normally do to add another dimension...it already distorts reality, why not go a little overboard with the tonemapping :smilewinkgrin:

Anyone else with a Siggy 10 or another 10?
    <><
    Flickr
    --Rebel T2i
    --Sigma 10-20mm
    --Canon EF-S 55-250mm
    --Tamron 17-50mm F2.8

Re: Sigma 10-20mm F4-F5.6 HSM

I've got the Sigma 10-20 too - great lens! When I first got a DSLR, my widest lens was a Nikon 20-35 which was so-so I thought on film and not that good with digital for some reason. Plus, it wasn't wide anymore of course. Almost bought the Nikon 12-24 which is a fantastic lens but then this one came out that's a lot wider for half the price. Controls flare surprisingly well for a 10mm zoom, too!

Not-so-recent Nikon Convert livin4lax09's Avatar

looks like a nice lens. If I shot 1.6x, I would definitely pick it up.

photo gallery Mod. starriderrick's Avatar

Great shots Mr Yuck.
    Yes,I too have the Siggy 10-20 A very fun lense. I like the fact that it will focus to about 9". Here is one I shot @ 20mm.

I like your creative works. The refrigerator shot is off the hook!
    Glad to see you got your new gear,and as usual...are having fun!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sigma 10-20mm F4-F5.6 HSM-32-ford.s.jpg  

Thread Information