This was my fourth time attending the annual reenactment of the Siege of Fort Erie, it was probably one of the best I have been to yet! All the forces both Crown and US were in top shape this year, plus the sheer number of people watching and those marching was spectacular. Historically the events that lead up to the siege started on July 3rd 1814 when American Forces captured the fort from British Defenders. But it wasn't until August 13th, 1814 that British forces under General Drummond opened fire. However it was his night attempt at taking back the fort that forced a failure. British Troops were able to make it into the Fort but when the powder magazine exploded they were forced to retreat. The Siege was lifted on September 16th, 1814 and American forces retreated from Fort Erie in November after demolishing most of the Fort. British forces returned but never rebuilt the fort abandoning it in 1821.

One of two blockhouses in the Fort.

The British Camp. For once I'd like to go to one of these events and get proper barrack space inside the fort.

My wonderful host unit, 7th/60th Regiment of Foot.

Some downtime.

The British Lines open up

The Americans!

I see what you did there.

Everyone gets in the spirit!

Pentax 645 - SMC Pentax A 645 80-160mm 1:4.5 - Kodak Tri-X Pan (TXP)