ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: OT: Wahoo!

Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar

OT: Wahoo!

My photographic environment is changing. I finally got a teaching contract.... in North Carolina! I'll be packing things up, cancelling accounts, and moving out of Colorado this weekend. School starts absurdly early in NC, July 28. No pressure!

Denton is about 2.5 hours from the mountains, not ideal but not bad. It's a rural school district which is great. Look for massively intelligent high school science students emerging from NC at the end of the school year!

Linville Aqueduct, about 2 hours away
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

The life of a mercenary, eh?...

Sounds like AGAIN you have become quite the nomad, Michael. You sound excited, so we're excited for you...

It's good to have you back with the EAST COAST members! Just wait til the Labor Day Picnic. Our softball team is gonna kick the West Coast's BUTT!
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Liz

Cool Congratulations Michael!

Sounds like a winner to me! I'm glad you got a real job and know you'll do well. Quick move, though you'll be busy the rest of the week! Keep us updated - take some pics of your surroundings. Did you find a place to live already.

I'm very happy for you.

Liz

Congrads, it's a beautiful area you're moving to. July 28th though - that's early!

Congratulations

Congratulations, Michael. Hopefully this will introduce some more stability into your life. I imagine it would be nice for you to be able to stay in one place for a few years.

Curious - you have property in the Rockies, don't you? Will you still be able to visit it? That would be a drag not to be able to take advantage of.

Looking forward to pictures of North Carolina! And maybe it's time for a Mid-Atlantic Gathering. Rick?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Congratulations, Michael. Hopefully this will introduce some more stability into your life. I imagine it would be nice for you to be able to stay in one place for a few years.

Curious - you have property in the Rockies, don't you? Will you still be able to visit it? That would be a drag not to be able to take advantage of.

Looking forward to pictures of North Carolina! And maybe it's time for a Mid-Atlantic Gathering. Rick?
    Yeah, the last few years have been extremely stressful and uncertain. Plus, I'm almost out of money! Settling down with a long-term job will be good. Even if that job pays less than the first one I had after college over 30 years ago! At least teaching is a job I look forward to each day.

The property in the Rockies is on the market, it appears we can sell it for about $300,000. That will buy a really nice place out in the mountains of western North Carolina.

As soon as I get settled, it might be a good time for a "Fall in the Smokies/Blue Ridge" gathering.
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Yee Haa!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Fanelli
    My photographic environment is changing. I finally got a teaching contract.... in North Carolina! I'll be packing things up, cancelling accounts, and moving out of Colorado this weekend. School starts absurdly early in NC, July 28. No pressure!

Denton is about 2.5 hours from the mountains, not ideal but not bad. It's a rural school district which is great. Look for massively intelligent high school science students emerging from NC at the end of the school year!

Linville Aqueduct, about 2 hours away
    Congratulations Michael!!!

My buddies and I are making a trip to the mountains this October. We're shooting for the third weekend. Drop me a line if you'd like to join us!

And welcome back!

BTW, here's my shot of the Viaduct taken last October. There aren't any places to stop and take photo's of it, so I shot this from a moving vehicle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OT: Wahoo!-164-25r-via-duct.jpg  
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

We'll be there next week! Hurray, we are so excited about a vacation! We'll be in the Asheville area.

adina
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

wow

Congratulations on the new gig. I can't wait to see your interpretation of the area. I almost took a teaching job at ASU up in Boone a few years back. I'll stick to Miami though, its much warmer and we don't start class until August 25. If anyone wants a good place to stay near the blue ridge parkway, check out www.fallcreekcabins.com. I can vouch for the quality and beautiful area. The owners, Tim and Bev Thompson are great friends and do a very professional job running their property.

Thread Information