ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Liz

For Sebastian........

Hi Seb,
    I tried out the A60 for about 30 minutes yesterday. I was surprised how sharp the photos were so thought I'd post a few since you're considering the purchase. BTW, BestBuy's price this week is $169 (after a $30 instant rebate). They said the $25 gift certificate was last week; however, the guy said there's a different price on this camera every week. The good news - if price goes down any further within 30 days, they will refund the difference. Be careful though - Best Buy charges 15% restocking fee for all digital returns.

There is some CA, but not enough to worry about for this price.

BTW, just did small amt of lightening, nothing else - right out of camera. Composition isn't great - and the images are busy, but wanted to show you detail. I fell in love with the G2 a long time ago - so had to get that one vs the A60 since I got such a good deal. But I love the smallness of the A60. I was very impressed with this little 2mp camera.

Liz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails For Sebastian........-nyc60-1.jpg   For Sebastian........-ny1.jpg   For Sebastian........-ny2.jpg  
    Last edited by Liz; 02-11-2004 at 03:18 PM. Reason: typo

A very capable camera I think...

Liz,
    The results are very good, and I don't think that the scene is too busy. It's New York!! and very colorful. I like the shots.

2mp cameras are light, perfect for snapshots, and if you carry the camera more often then it's perfect. I think the Nikon 2200 is the equivalent to your camera and they are so small that it's worth having if you are going out on the town.

Loren
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

* Any photographer worth his salt has 10,000 bad negatives under his belt. - Ansel Adams

Liz

thanks Loren.............however

I didn't get the A60 (yet). I just tried a friend's out for about 1/2 hour. I found a great deal on a refurbished G2 (which I used to own) and bought that for a 2nd all-purpose camera. Bigger, but I like the grip. It has an aperture of 2.0 vs 2.8 of most compacts, and I like the flexible LCD. I really liked this little A60, tho. I didn't know 2mp could get such good results.

Thanks for the comments,
    Liz

Quote Originally Posted by racingpinarello
    Liz,
    The results are very good, and I don't think that the scene is too busy. It's New York!! and very colorful. I like the shots.

2mp cameras are light, perfect for snapshots, and if you carry the camera more often then it's perfect. I think the Nikon 2200 is the equivalent to your camera and they are so small that it's worth having if you are going out on the town.

Loren

Liz, I have to agree with Loren. The images aren't too busy - it's New York! These cameras are getting better and cheaper all the time. I've been in the market for one for my wife - who has decided she likes my Coolpix quite a bit. I'll have to check this one out too.

Thanks Liz!!

It's very nice of you to think of me. The price is right but I need to count every penny, I want to make the Miami gathering if at all possible, so the camera will have to wait.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Thread Information