ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Scale model photography

I thought I would share with you another one of my hobbies, scale RC models. Since there are obvioulsy a lot of experienced photographers here i would like to know your techniques for such pics, tips and everything you can think of. I would like to make them look even more real through good photography techniques.Here are some examples of some of my models:

GB1

Re: Scale model photography

Sorry - can't offer tips cause I've never done it.

But some observations: these are very good and could quite conceivably pass the first-look test (!) Esp the top one, very believable... but it would be even more believable if there was some imperfections on the truck, and on the kayak.

GB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Maybe a little mud on the top one and maybe even a different location such as sand or mud hole in the woods. Some action say going through a mud hole.
    When I had my Blazer it was never clean, and neither is my off road Jeep now

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 70-200mm USM IS f2.8
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 28-300mm USM IS f3.5-5.6
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

None of these photographs is real because of perspective. You need to bring the truck a hundred yards from the fence and shoot a small aperture. You are shooting perspectives with tons of clues to the size of the truck.
    "I don't like lizards", Frank Reynolds.

"At one time there existed a race of people whose knowledge consisted entirely of gossip", George Carlin.

Thread Information