ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Saturday with nature

Did not really do a lot over the long weekend. Did go to Natural Bridge for part of the day. Here are a few shots from there.

"No man has the right to dictate what other men should perceive, create or produce, but all should be encouraged to reveal themselves, their perceptions and emotions, and to build confidence in the creative spirit." --Ansel Adams

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." --Ansel Adams

Re: Saturday with nature

Natural Bridge is a nice little getaway. I haven't been to the bridge in several years but I have been in the gorge many times and always find it relaxing and a great way to shake the stress. Beautiful country in and around the Red River.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

I didn't realize Kentucky had a Natural Bridge! I used to go to the Virginia one occasionally when I lived there. But there was a road built on top of it so you couldn't really hike it. I like your shots, the staricase is my favorite.
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

That's just what I was thinking as I spent the day there, OT. It was a great stress reducer for me. I had been spending time in the Gorge, but decided I wanted to go to the Bridge. Had not really been there since I was a kid.

Rick, there is also another that they call Sky Bridge which is in the Red River Gorge area. I have some pics of it somewhere. Both of those areas are gorgeous.
    "No man has the right to dictate what other men should perceive, create or produce, but all should be encouraged to reveal themselves, their perceptions and emotions, and to build confidence in the creative spirit." --Ansel Adams

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." --Ansel Adams

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

That natural bridge is amazing! I would love to see one someday. We have an area up north that very boreal forest like in the gorge. It is a steep hike down in, but what a place to relieve stress before you get winded on the way up
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

That's not the natural bridge I was thinking of.. I was thinking of the one in southeast Utah.. Either way, both are amazing sights to behold.

Looks like a fun time!
    Nikon Samurai #3

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true
    friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

http://brians4x4adventures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/brianliles/
    http://www.facebook.com/brianliles

Thread Information