ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Jason Mraz Concert Photos

I took these with my digital Nikon Coolpix 4300 on Night Landscape mode so as not to use any flash like the rest of the ninnies at that concert. ;)

HTML Code:
    http://bizfx.com/jasonmraz/
    Link to the directory for the rest of the pics, but these two I really liked.

http://janehaas.com

"Art is part of a rebellion against the realities of unfulfilled desire." ~Emma Goldman
    Member:

My one quick gripe is with guys with too tall spikey hair - there was a guy about 4 rows in front of me and his bart simpson hair was getting in my way! See in the middle of the bottom of the first shot above? lol You just see what looks like grass - it's the guy's hair!

"Art is part of a rebellion against the realities of unfulfilled desire." ~Emma Goldman
    Member:

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janie
    .....his bart simpson hair was getting in my way! See in the middle of the bottom of the first shot above? lol You just see what looks like grass - it's the guy's hair!
    BART SIMPSON HAIR

these are pretty cool images.... DETAILS PLEASE

gear, settings, post processing
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by paulnj
    BART SIMPSON HAIR

these are pretty cool images.... DETAILS PLEASE

gear, settings, post processing

LOL So observant paul - I said my gear! lol Distracted by the pictures, eh? I was in the back row of the second level mezzanine, using my digital nikon in night landscape mode so as not to use my flash like the rest of the ninnies there - flash doesn't exactly do you any good at that distance! I did find that the sharper pictues came out when there was more lighting on stage and less movement - If I was able to bring my real camera (a wee bit too big though), i'm sure i'd have gotten some great close ups - I do have a telephoto lens but since you are not normally allowed to even take pics at these concerts, didn't bring it!

Member:

ohhh

actually i was looking at your avatar debating whether to shop for a home in Brielle next time I'm at SANDY HOOK(were my latest images were shot, yesterday)... you took pictures at a concert????

OH NO.... I'M A WISEGUY TODAY

seriously.... too many pages open at once and no joke... I've been up since 11 pm on WEDNESDAY besides that 1hour nap i took at 8pm yesterday

45 minutes to pillowtop king sized bed
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by paulnj
    ohhh

actually i was looking at your avatar debating whether to shop for a home in Brielle next time I'm at SANDY HOOK(were my latest images were shot, yesterday)... you took pictures at a concert????

OH NO.... I'M A WISEGUY TODAY

seriously.... too many pages open at once and no joke... I've been up since 11 pm on WEDNESDAY besides that 1hour nap i took at 8pm yesterday

45 minutes to pillowtop king sized bed
    Actually, Sandy Hook is the view from my house - I could have SEEN you! Did you see the guy on the bird preserve? Last time I was there, there was a little old lady flirting shamelessly with him.

Member:

bird preserve.... you mean out at the tip on the hawk watch platform?

I do agree that guys who like birds are SEXY and APPEALING

ah , so you live on the inlet side, cool. I thought you were from the funky light post town out near lake takanasee(SP?)..
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

This. Love. Has.

"Taken its toll on me. She said goodbye. Too many times before-ee-yore-ee-yore."

Yeah, I know he doesn't sing that but it's the song I get stuck in my head everytime I hear HIS name

Nice pictures, Janie. I'm sure your telephoto would've been nice here but it wouldn't have conveyed as much of the ambience.
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Thread Information