ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Ruby Beach Shows Her True Colors

Really a hit or miss on the sunset shots at Ruby Beach here in the PNW. Anyways veered off my main account path on Wed 2-4-09 and headed to Ruby. At first it looked like it was going to be another wash. Then all of a sudden the colors emerged from the for and clouds on the horizon. The color show lasted for about 10 minutes and that was it. But it was worth it. Very little processing to the color pictures this was the true colors. I'm not a portrait shooter as you can tell from the image of my friend and shooting partner.

Thanks for looking

Ray Still
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ruby Beach Shows Her True Colors-rubycolorsun4.jpg   Ruby Beach Shows Her True Colors-rubycolorsun10.jpg   Ruby Beach Shows Her True Colors-rubycolorsun1.jpg   Ruby Beach Shows Her True Colors-rubycolorsun8small.jpg   Ruby Beach Shows Her True Colors-rubycolorsun11small.jpg  

Liz

Re: Ruby Beach Shows Her True Colors

Ray,

These images are awesome! This is serious photography! Wow! Those colors are incredible - especially the 3rd image. Where is this place anyway? These are some of the best landscape - sunrise/sunset shots I've seen. Thanks for sharing.

BTW, I really like that last shot. IMO the lighting is perfect. There is only one thing I would change - it's the "rock" in the background - in back of your friend. Can you clone this out? I don't know much about post processing, but just curious. I try to get the best I can out of the camera followed by just a bit of post processing (I'm not a computer person).

Liz

Absolutely gorgeous shots! I can't choose a favourite at all, the last shot really suits black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    Ray,

. Where is this place anyway?

Liz
    Hey Liz
    Thanks for looking. Ruby Beach is on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State about 26 miles south of the Town of Forks ( now famous for a vampire movie made there). The whole area is just awesome surrounded by the Coast on the west side of the Hwy101 and the Olympic Mountains and the Rain Forrest on the East side of Hwy 101. Truly a place everyone should experience given the chance.

Ray Still

Ray, fantastic images. We don't even begin to get sunsets like on the western prairies. If these were mine, I would certainly be framing and hanging the 1st, 3rd and 4th ones.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

Make yourself a dang quesadilla! OBie's Avatar

Wow. I love those shots. Great exposure and everything! Beautiful.
    OBie. Not Obi-Wan, just OBie.

Wonderful images. Love the colors and clarity of the first one and the last is an intrigue portrait of a fellow photographer.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Liz

Ray,

I'm still looking at these beautiful images! And each time I view that last portrait, I like it more. I'm not sure I agree with myself :idea: about cloning out the rock in the background. The lighting and the composition make this a powerful image.

Liz

Thread Information