ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    trigger happy geriatric.

The roof needs cutting!

Walking around a local bird sanctuary this morning, we saw this hide. We asked how often he cut the roof. He asked if we were volunteering!!!!

As if!!

Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The roof needs cutting!-hide.jpg  

Re: The roof needs cutting!

I was raised in northern Kansas. Some of the pioneers built sod houses (with sod roofs). The pioneer women had an old saying: "It rains outside on Thursday, and then inside on Friday." Are we now spoiled or what? Air conditioning and central heat, inside toilets, hot & cold running water, electricity, TV, internet, digital cameras, and all the rest (but are we happy?). I wonder if we appreciate all of it.

trigger happy geriatric.

Re: The roof needs cutting!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in OKC
    I was raised in northern Kansas. Some of the pioneers built sod houses (with sod roofs). The pioneer women had an old saying: "It rains outside on Thursday, and then inside on Friday." Are we now spoiled or what? Air conditioning and central heat, inside toilets, hot & cold running water, electricity, TV, internet, digital cameras, and all the rest (but are we happy?). I wonder if we appreciate all of it.
    It wasn't all that long ago we had cave dwellers in this country, Paul.

We are, for sure, spoiled. But it's nice to have one foot in the reality of the past and one foot in the here and now. And for here and now, I love my e510!

Dave.

Thread Information