ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Roll Call!?

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Roll Call!?

It's been a long time.... life happens and I've been out of it photographically for over 4 years and just recently started shooting again. I thought I'd check back in. Seems every sub-forum here is a ghost-town of inactivity. That's a shame. This place was such a helpful and welcoming community when I first joined.

Just curious who all is still here from the past 5~10 years. Moderators?
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

Liz

Re: Roll Call!?

Hi Loupey......I come here to look around, sometimes I post. I don't post as often because I had a problem with the actual posting for months a while back. Posting 2-3 sentences would take me 10 or more minutes as I could only post one letter at a time with a few seconds between letters - and could not post photos. That resolved itself, but not for months.

Now I check in - and post sometimes. I was a Moderator for some years, then stepped down to Moderator "Emeritus" but would help out if there were problems at times. Jeff "Grandpaw" still takes care of watching for problems - and gets rids of them.

I wish someone who has been around for years would just take it over. We're really on our own, but someone with knowledge of how to run the website - and familiar with the old timers might be able to give it a new start.

It's great to see you around? How are you doing?

Liz
    Olympus E-M5 digital camera
    Olympus E-PL5
    Lenses
    Olympus
    45mm/f1.8, 40-150

Panasonic
    14-45
    25mm/f1.4
    14mm/f2.5

Hi, Liz! Glad to see you're still here. You were just one of so many that welcomed me to this forum 10 years ago. The problem you describe is difficult to imagine - I'm sure that kind of frustration was impossible to stomach for most people.

I'm doing well, thank you. I got out of photography altogether for a bit there. Sold off all my equipment. But now finding myself being drawn back into it (like back in the 90's and again in 2006). This site was the inspiration for my return in 2006 and perhaps it will be again for 2016.

See my website HERE.

One of the reasons why this site used to be great was because of the friendly way we "challenged" each other to go out and take photographs. Whether it was to contribute to a thread or create a how-to tutorial, I always felt compelled to try something new and help others along the way. It would be nice if that type of community can still exist.

See my website HERE.

Been a long time since I posted her. When PJ left thing kind of went dark.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Thread Information