ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Road trip 2009

Road trip 2009

last friday we packed up and headed south, drove down to New Orleans, with a stop in Jackson, MS on the way down, and Memphis on the way up. A few other stops as well, but those were the main ones.

A few random photos, will try to keep them places together. I facebooked most of these, but thought I'd share here.

We had an awesome time, loved New Orleans. My 8 yr old is ready to move down there, and dh is close behind. Loved Jackson, too. We were there on Easter Sunday, and wandered around the Farish Historical District, which is still pretty much cleaned out from Katrina. The shells of the buildings, combined with the fact that we were the only ones there, made for a pretty neat morning.

Ended up in Memphis on a Wednesday, and Wednesday nights are "Bikes on Beale", hundreds and hundreds of motercycles. Our hotel was right around the corner, so we could hear the music and see the lights from our window all night. Neato.

Some photos...

the hotel just outside of Jackson...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Road trip 2009-img_1131.jpg   Road trip 2009-img_1136.jpg   Road trip 2009-img_1140.jpg   Road trip 2009-img_1153.jpg  
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Re: Road trip 2009

some from Jackson
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Road trip 2009-img_1162.jpg   Road trip 2009-img_1167.jpg   Road trip 2009-img_1169.jpg   Road trip 2009-img_1172.jpg   Road trip 2009-img_1195.jpg  

our hotel in New Orleans, should be the first one with the columns...and then some random stuff from the French Quarter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Road trip 2009-img_1224.jpg   Road trip 2009-img_1212.jpg   Road trip 2009-img_1220.jpg   Road trip 2009-img_2411.jpg   Road trip 2009-img_2429.jpg  

Memphis...our hotel light fixtures (which for some reason were particularly interesting to me this trip), and then some from Beale Street
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Road trip 2009-img_1249.jpg   Road trip 2009-img_1251.jpg   Road trip 2009-img_1259.jpg   Road trip 2009-img_1294.jpg  

Inspiration

Those are nice. They give me some ideas, in particular the more abstrct ones like the light fittings. When I'm on a trip I'm not usually laid back enough to notice that sort of thing.

Because - at the end of next week it's my turn to go out on the road. I have a circuit booked around Andalacia (Spain) with the Feria in Seville in the middle.
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Definitly not the usual tourist photos ,Adina.
    One can tell when someone has an eye for photography.
    I like many of the shots for their composition and exposure.

Aren't motorcycles vehicles?
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Super set - you showed me a thing or two,thanks !

" Got Soul, but I'm Not a Soldier "
    The Killers

“ Make no judgments where you have no compassion ”
    Anne McCaffrey

" If you wish to know what a man is, place him in authority.'
    Yugoslav Proverb

thanks!

Some of these are from the 20d, some from our old digital Elph, and I have a few on my phone, I think...

I'm probably road tripping again over the 4th of July, by myself. Specifically a photo trip, as I don't like to hold everyone else up while we are out. They are pretty patient with me, but dh is always concerned I'm going to get run over as I'm crouched down in the middle of the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Frog
    Aren't motorcycles vehicles?
    Bicycles too!

Very nice shots. I was in N.O. years ago and would love to go back - great place to shoot.

Thanks for posting these Adina, I am glad I am not the only one who likes hotel hall ways.
    Jimmy B

Great shots Adina, thanks for sharing them. I too would love to get back to New Orleans, absolutely love those hidden courtyards in the French Quarter.

Great series of travel snaps. I can't imagine going to new places without a camera. Your skill and imagination sure comes through on several of these. I first saw them in the gallery and had to scurry over here to comment. Great job! Glad you and the family had a good time.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

thanks all.

we try to take a trip with the kids every spring. they travel really well, and it gives them the opportunity to see new things.

Thread Information