ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Rising Music

Rising Music

Hi all!
    I just wanted to share one of my latest shoots, and blog post about it.

http://freddyoropeza.com/blog/?p=312

Comments are always welcomed.
    Thanks for taking a look!

Re: Rising Music

First IŽll tell you what I like....the concept really works fro me, black with red is always an interesting combo, the light is great and makes the blacks stand out with soft highlights to avoid visual flatness.

On the other side of the coin...what I think it might aid or dislike.
    The angle of the shot makes the subject look small, it should be more horizontal and not looking down. It also my look interesting going the opposite way...shooting from a lower angle viewing upward a bit.
    Even tho I like the subjects position I think the placing of the left arm and his head and eyes position suits better for a torso type portrait, for a full body shot like this I would look for a different stance. DontŽknow maybe rotating a bit the subject in the X axis to have some sort of body angle.
    The lack of "ground" really distracts me....he seems to be floating ( this increases also do to the angle from where the shot was taken)
    For my taste you have way to much area on the right side of the composition, which takes out importance on the main subject. The only thing I could think of that might work if you want to stick with the amount of space to the right, is if the subject was in front of a wall corner...where you see the two walls intersecting, each one with different amount of exposure (hope that was clear).

Canon XSi
    Canon EF-S 17-85mm IS USM
    Canon EF-S 55-250mm IS
    1. "A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words."Ansel Adams
    2. "Photography is more than a medium for factual communication of ideas. It is a creative art."Ansel Adams

Re: Rising Music

Hi, Foga! Welcome.

I read your blog. To make a concept in a client's head a reality and get a paycheck for doing it would be a happy experience for both! Good job. Looking forward to seeing more from you.

Your editing is welcomed. A picture is worth...

All can look. Few will see. Less will know.

The Truth can be anything it will. I just want to know Truth.

Thread Information