ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Red

GB1

Red

From a model shoot of a friend in Dec.

Just playing around with backgrounds and filter effects.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Red-pose1.jpg  
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Re: Red

Quote Originally Posted by GB1
    Just playing around with backgrounds and filter effects...
    Looks like it might lead to some interesting visuals, Greg, but IMO what you have here doesn't really work too well by itself. Looks kind of like the airbrush tool gone astray...

I think it's because you have no treatment on the model, so the altered bg becomes a bit too obvious.

I saw some of the other images you have on your web site, and the old photo effects. Pretty cool. I like the one with the girl standing on the truck.
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

GB1

Re: Red

Hey Steve, yeah, sometimes ya just have to take a shot at something different. When I first painted the background, there was a thin line at the transition areas, and not wanting to spend a lot of time on this (and not knowing if there was a built-in tool to help) I just amplified the effect, made the line even more so and feathered. Sort of followed the line 'If there's a noticeable imperfection, better to make it obvious or even amplify it, or it will just look like a mistake.'

Tks for checking out my site, still have a lot of work to do on it. Checked out yours too - it's a bit more creative than mine, as are your model shots.. (mine are pretty straightforward you could say). Don't know about you but I'm getting a little tired of doing landscape work - need to diversify.

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.

My Site

Thread Information