ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    this isn't the old PR anymore

A re-introduction ... hi

Its been a few years since I have stopped by the site, and I had nearly forgotten what I was missing out on. Fortunately my account still works, and although everything looks really different (in a good way) I am sure the people are still just as great. I doubt anyone remembers me (do charles hess and foto willem still hang around?bostonbullit checks in?) but I will give an update if they do. I am a mechanical engineering students at Cornell and I am doing a co-op at Sikorsky Aircraft now. I also have been shooting a lot, loving digital. The counter on my 10D is at 11,759 and going strong. I picked a few shots that span the range of what I like to shoot as a re-introduction to the people at PR. While I know this isn't critique I would still love to get some comments ... here goes with the posting photos.........

-Pete
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A re-introduction ... hi-258_web.jpg   A re-introduction ... hi-carly.jpg   A re-introduction ... hi-img_1035_web.jpg   A re-introduction ... hi-img_1759_web.jpg  

Re: A re-introduction ... hi

Welcome back - everything is different, but better. Charles is one of the two moderators of this forum and Willem posted a few things here and in Critique recently. Nice shots.

Hey, I remember you...

Welcome back to the site Pete. I'm still around, but I don't post as much as I used to. It's nice to hear you went the route of the digital SLR--I got the D70 a few months back.

Anyway, stick around, and hang out with the new cast. Are you still keeping up with your website?

Re: Hey, I remember you...

Quote Originally Posted by b_slow
    Welcome back to the site Pete. I'm still around, but I don't post as much as I used to. It's nice to hear you went the route of the digital SLR--I got the D70 a few months back.

Anyway, stick around, and hang out with the new cast. Are you still keeping up with your website?

Hey thanks for the welcome back. A digital SLR made sense for me since I shot a number of weddings this summer. I almost miss the concern with which i would protect my film as i developed it and the angst that gripped me while waiting to see how i did....almost :-)

The "new cast" does seem to be a great bunch and I am excited to share lots of work. My website is semi-defunct....engineering school left me with no time. It is definetly on my list of things to take care of though.

I like the way I can see where you are from, i never realized you were from wisconsin, I wear a UW hat everyday. I used to spend summers in the northwoods getting lost in the woods. Ah the memories.........

Well thanks for the reply and thanks for the welcome.

-pete

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Welcome back, and about Charles...

Peter,

The "greybeards" on this site have very good memories. Good to have you back...

BTW, for those that don't know it yet (and I suppose that's most of you), Charles has not only stepped down as moderator of Viewfinder, but has left the site indefinitely for personal reasons as well...
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Re: Welcome back, and about Charles...

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    BTW, for those that don't know it yet (and I suppose that's most of you), Charles has not only stepped down as moderator of Viewfinder, but has left the site indefinitely for personal reasons as well...
    Oh dear. That doesn't sound good. I will send him a note, not sure if he will be picking up emails though...

Spike

Re: Welcome back, and about Charles...

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    Peter,

The "greybeards" on this site have very good memories. Good to have you back...

I never in my life of 20 years expected to be called a greybeard! I suppose this should alter the way I walk around town :-P

Thanks for the welcome back. Perhaps you can give me more details on Charles...? He was a major source of inspiration for me as a young photographer via this site and I am certain his prescence will be missed. I hope he is OK.

Well thanks again to all who replied (doesn't seem like too many people post here anymore at all?). I am back to eyeing the new canon rebates :-)

-pete

Re: A re-introduction ... hi

Pete, Hey good to hear from you. I remember you from back when I'd just bought my first SLR camera, now I'm a magazine editor/photographer, imagine that?! Good to see you're still taking photos I always thought you had a good eye.

-Alan
    www.DigitalMTB.com
    www.alandavisphoto.net
    "There are no honorable bargains involving the exchange of qualitative merchandise like souls, for quantitative merchandise like time or money." -William S. Burroughs

Thread Information